Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My + shifter paddle has been intermittently not engaging for a couple of months now. Of course today and the past week or 10 days since I setup the appointment it has been working perfectly. I’m not hopeful they’ll do anything about it today and I know my warranty is going to be up soon. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,094 Posts
Is Easton still actively working on Fortwos? Did they treat you well? I need to go get my shift paddles enabled and get a couple keys programmed. My last dealing with them was less than pleasant, so been putting of the 2.5 hour drive one way. DCO

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is Easton still actively working on Fortwos? Did they treat you well? I need to go get my shift paddles enabled and get a couple keys programmed. My last dealing with them was less than pleasant, so been putting of the 2.5 hour drive one way. DCO

Seemed fine. Said they have 2 full time smart techs. Not sure of the techs ev experience.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
No such luck. No codes. No problems today. Has been working the 10 days since I made the appt. will have to try again. Warranty to 12/7 :/

Could be the 12 V battery getting low/weak, then when you use the car more frequently it’s able to keep the voltage level up better. Can you get a (free) battery and alternator test at a local parts store?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.