Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week a tasty ED at copart/sunvalley/calif was at 1900- at beginning of auction ~1pm. Since I hadn't cc'd my broker the deposit yet due to cold feet, thus could not bid I set up to view the auction until the car came up. But I lost the copart page as viewed thru my broker's page, oy! But it would have taken hours to get to the car anyway. Did anyone see the winning bid? Car was in perfect shape altho described as 'damage to front' there was really nothing showing. Probably a nice deal for someone in the LA area. Hope it found a good home.
--

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Last week a tasty ED at copart/sunvalley/calif was at 1900- at beginning of auction ~1pm. Since I hadn't cc'd my broker the deposit yet due to cold feet, thus could not bid I set up to view the auction until the car came up. But I lost the copart page as viewed thru my broker's page, oy! But it would have taken hours to get to the car anyway. Did anyone see the winning bid? Car was in perfect shape altho described as 'damage to front' there was really nothing showing. Probably a nice deal for someone in the LA area. Hope it found a good home.
--
Hi, and thanks for your message. I don't watch CoPart much anymore because the good ones seem to go at too high of a price for me. Also real complicated broker required issue to buy from California as well. Sorry I don't know what it went for.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use autobidmaster which has no State restrictions.

'Good ones' is in the eye of the beholder, assuming that the car requires some work. When I used the term 'runs & drives' (as CoPart uses it) it just means the battery can move the car on and off a trailer and maybe around the lot. So airbags NOT deployed and no assurance that the HV charger functions. Ideally you should plan to visit the lot before you bid, but I'm 3 for 3 at totally disregarding that rule!

Question: I'd like to know exactly when the HV battery changed to the EQ. Was it by VIN# or is it defined by being a 453?? Anyone know? TIA.
VR
--

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
smart, renamed it from ED to EQ. Same car. Not a big deal. Chevy had a Chevy II, renamed it a Nova. Chevelle to Malibu. Whats in a name.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question: I'd like to know exactly when the HV battery changed to the EQ. [VR]
old battery = 91 cells

new battery = 93 cells

If you are bidding on a SmartEV from a distance, how are you to verify the exact hv battery in that car? These 2 batteries are NOT interchangeable in any way shape or form (safe to assume they share NO parts at all). So it could be a simple answer or it may require applying the VIN# to a parts list at the dealership or an actual inspection of the battery box itself.
--

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2/16 TOMORROW - Rancho Cucamonga, CA auction:

a 2018 EQ SMART EV hit in front but damage appears not to have affected battery pack. Dash glows showing 57 miles on the battery and odo=6500 miles. Bid now is only $250-!!

This could be a very good deal for EQ traction battery and other parts. Has keys!! Sorry, not good for earlier ED (sadface).
--

1 - 9 of 9 Posts