Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pure that is "purely" stripped down. There is no radio/stereo. I went to the audio guys that the folks at the dealership sent me to and was told that it would probably take a month to get the dash insert necessary to install a stereo! Say it ain't so!?! Anyone have any idea if I can find one faster?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Are you set on aftermarket? If not, you can usually get a slightly used factory CD player for somewhere in the 50 range plus shipping, and car is prewired.....
If aftermarket is your plan, I'd call around for a kit. I have a pure, and during those 3 weeks no audio, had checked into aftermarket. One local shop had the kit in stock, even though we have relatively few smarts around here.
Brian

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Where's NOLA? (North of Lower Alabama? :) )

I'll send you my Radio 10 6 disc for $75 shipped to you....that means I'll foot the bill for shipping IF you are in the US (which I'm guessing you are). :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
yea... that's pretty much it. could even do it yourself if you know a little bit about wiring (which is usually color-to-color in terms of radio harnesses). dunno what the shop was saying about it taking a month to get the insert. Maybe if they try to design their own injection molds to make their own.... which would be ridiculous. Like most.... ordered mine from SmartMadness... had it in a few days.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
yea... that's pretty much it. could even do it yourself if you know a little bit about wiring (which is usually color-to-color in terms of radio harnesses). dunno what the shop was saying about it taking a month to get the insert. Maybe if they try to design their own injection molds to make their own.... which would be ridiculous. Like most.... ordered mine from SmartMadness... had it in a few days.
Or they may have thought that it has to be ordered from Europe and shipped?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Or they may have thought that it has to be ordered from Europe and shipped?

Yeah, by boat, then pony express directly to New Orleans. That is, of course, after they received the letter he sent requesting the part. Nice enough guy, though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a pure that is "purely" stripped down. There is no radio/stereo. I went to the audio guys that the folks at the dealership sent me to and was told that it would probably take a month to get the dash insert necessary to install a stereo! Say it ain't so!?! Anyone have any idea if I can find one faster?
Go to car toys. don't waist your money on an oem radio. I bought a passion with the upgraded stereo and it was not worth the money. The speakers can not handle the volume needed to hear the radio at highway speeds

·
Registered
268 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts