Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reposted from DC smart chapter, anyone interested? He's trying to set up for Aug 20 or 27

August event
Anyone up for an August event? I can try to arrange meeting up at the National Museum of the Marine Corps, or something else?

Yellow Smart

It's right off I-95 if anyone's interested, near Quantico, Va.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Reposted from Heart of Va Chapter, anyone interested? He's trying to set up for Aug 20 or 27

August event
Anyone up for an August event? I can try to arrange meeting up at the National Museum of the Marine Corps, or something else?

Yellow Smart

It's right off I-95 if anyone's interested, near Quantico, Va.
Count me in on it. Lets see about sparking interest in this one from guys in my neck of the woods. I know of one such person in my area who might be.

·
Registered
2009 451 Rally Red, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40, Wix XP 51356, 185/55R15 tires, 44 psl
1,032 Posts
Headed the other way...

Headed the other way, sorry...
Going to Winterville Watermelon Fest in North Carolina on the 27th of August.

Matthew :smartje.rd.zw:

Anyone want to come with, let me know...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody in the Hampton Roads area, my wife & I are leaving from the Peninsula Town Center at 7AM Aug 27, we will wait by Outback Steakhouse if anyone wants to join us. It should only take 2.5 hours according to mapquest but I like to allow for traffic

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Is this now going to be a September event? I don't think it be wise to do Labor Day weekend, only because of the heavy crowds and traffic. After Irene made her way up east, people will want to make up for lost time.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do we want to resurrect this event for this spring? Is anything going on at the MC Museum?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That could work, the northerners could start from Tyson's Corner s/c and we could start from Tysinger's s/c and meet at the Marine Corps Museum. We just need a date, any ideas anybody?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Somewhere around April 21st should be good, but i am open to any saturday, well with the exception of Easter weekend.
Sounds good so far, gstreet, can you drum up interest in your neck of the woods? Maybe see if Tyson's Corner is willing to be a meeting place that morning?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts