Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to cover the sensor that controls the headlights so that the headlights would be on during daylight hours. I can't seem to locate it on my 2008 passion. thank you!................millbilly

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Either you can cover the sensor (the puck like device on top of the windshield, "behind" the central mirror on the passenger side, if you have the comfort package) by putting something to prevent it being exposed to ambient light; or you can ask your Dealership to activate the DRL (usually $50).
Someone who has done it to their "comforted" car can give you more hints... :wink:

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
put a half inch dot of tape on the center of the puck. If you do not have a puck, you do not have auto lights. all smarts made after first quarter of 09 do not have auto lights or wipers.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Has anyone with comfort package been able to activate DRLs? I have not been able to get any information and everyone has told me it is not possible with DRLs

Either you can cover the sensor (the puck like device on top of the windshield, "behind" the central mirror on the passenger side, if you have the comfort package) by putting something to prevent it being exposed to ambient light; or you can ask your Dealership to activate the DRL (usually $50).
Someone who has done it to their "comforted" car can give you more hints..
. :wink:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
From what I have learned, you cannot activate the DRL feature if you have the comfort package with the automatic headlights. I have the auto lights and they will come on at the slightest hint of darkness or even shade while driving under trees or in the shadow of a building or under a bridge. You can always turn your headlights on manually. I just leave my lights on Auto and let the light sensor due it thing.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Sorry, my bad: it's either/or...

Either you can cover the sensor (the puck like device on top of the windshield, "behind" the central mirror on the passenger side, if you have the comfort package) by putting something to prevent it being exposed to ambient light; or [if you don't have the comfort package] you can ask your Dealership to activate the DRL (usually $50).
Re-write:
Either you have the comfort package (puck-like sensor glued to the inside of the windshield behind the mirror). you can mask the sensor with an opaque sticker on the outside of the windshield;
Or you don't have the comfort package: you can ask your Dealer to activate the DRL (about $50). :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts