Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the smart car world although I've worked on them I never owned one until now. I noticed that the turn signals don't automatically cancel after making a turn. I'm wondering if this is supposed to be this way or if there is something malfunctioning? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
What year is your smart? Turn signals on the 453 require a sharper turn before they self-cancel than those on the 451. Noticed that on my 2016 453 immediately. Sometimes annoying because I have to manually cancel on some turns that never require that on my other cars. Function is normal according to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
11,234 Posts
If you move the signal stalk about 1/2 way, turn signal will flash about 3 times, then quit. good for lane changes. It should cancel when moved all the way tot the latch position unless something got damaged or worn out in the column

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My turn signals do not automatically cancel when turning left they occasionally automatically canceled turning right so something is not right. I've also noticed that the wipers have what looks like intermittent setting below off but when I switch it to that they just stay on. Is this operated by sensor?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the turn signal cancel issue turned out to be an easy fix. Apparently my taking the steering wheel off miss aligned the cancelation lever (blue arrow) with the cancelation cam (red arrow) on the steering shaft just enough to work sometimes one way. A few bumps knocked it back into place. Works perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have but they didn't work before I took it off, so I didn't think that was pertinent information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts