Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across a web site for a automotive machine shop that advertises they will do head reconditioning for smart cars (basically a thorough valve job)for $185 plus needed parts. I started to post the information with a link to them, then wondered if that would be considered promoting a commercial entity., even if I had no connection them and nothing personaly to gain. I read the information about posting rules and am still not sure if it would be against the rules. I'm sure this would not include warped heads, but i'm sure there a lot of still-running smarts out there that are needing a valve job. Colmments moderator???

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jwight for the prompt heads-up. If anyone wants to check this out, Google Sun Valley Auto parts and engines. They show a dotcom address on the site, but it wouldn't work for me. Just Google them and you'll get their site. They're located in california.

ther

·
Super Moderator
28,554 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I emailed them in October. They got right back to me.

Thanks for contacting us for an estimate for your Smart cylinder head.
Model: 2014 Smart Fortwo 1.0 12V 3 cylinder

Yes, we are still doing valve jobs on the Smart car.
Valve Job starts at $225.00 plus tax.
Includes: Pressure test, Resurface, Grind valves, Cut 3-angle valve seats, clean and assemble.
Any missing, broken, or damaged parts is extra (valves, springs, seats, guides, crack repair, etc.).

Valve stem seals are extra.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks

I then called discussed Polished and ported heads.

A built engine is on the bucket list I hope it never moves to the have to do now list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts