Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The November 26th issue of Autoweek arrived today, and has a review of the 2008 ForTwo. It isn't online yet, but watch for it here

Basically, they are impressed with the interior size, but don't think much about it for the highway. Not a very complimentary review, but since I've never driven one, I can't comment on the accuracy of it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I found the article interesting. It offers a bunch of slams about it being small and scary on the highway. But it talks then about the car being fun to drive, having a lot of room and how neat it is. It does imply that the car is an acquired taste to some degree and that once you get the tranny figured out you can play Michael Schumacher with the best of 'em. I was encouraged.

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
Not surprised they didn't like it for the highway; it was never meant as a highway car. I think the North American market will be pushing the smart concept to its limits as we have so many high speed roads even in our large cities. The smart was really meant for Paris, London, Berlin, etc. - high density, slow moving city traffic where agility and ease of parking count far more than highway performance. Just my .02. :)

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Not surprised they didn't like it for the highway; it was never meant as a highway car. I think the North American market will be pushing the smart concept to its limits as we have so many high speed roads even in our large cities. The smart was really meant for Paris, London, Berlin, etc. - high density, slow moving city traffic where agility and ease of parking count far more than highway performance. Just my .02. :)
Just plain reality!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Talk about tire wonder in rain grooves at highway speed a little concerning, but overall what I expected. Curious the 0-60 speed is quoted as Manufacture speed. Would like to see via road test on US car what the best possible is using paddle shifters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts