Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through about 10 pages of threads, but don't see that anyone has had this problem. I bought a new cable at Best Buy and expected to hear my ipod through my speakers when I switched the radio to "AUX". Nothing. I switched cables. Nothing. Tried the setup in our Avalanche and it played just fine. Is there some hidden instructions that I'm not finding in the manual?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Just so you provide all the info... The cable you bought is iPod to stereo plug which plugs into the jack in your glove box, right? You have a Radio10? (6 cd changer) [or a Radio9 - single cd] Or do you have an aftermarket stereo?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Try turning the volume up to maximum on the ipod's volume control (actually just slightly below maximum to reduce distortion).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. I tried that. When I turned the volume to Max, I can faintly hear my radio station coming through. Normal? Still can't hear my ipod.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
You turned the ipod volume to near-max, switched the radio to "Aux" setting, then adjusted the radio volume, and you were hearing the radio? If anything, you should either be hearing the ipod or nothing at all, not the radio. Are you sure you're on the "aux" setting on the source button?

One possibility reported by a member was that the auxiliary cable itself was disconnected. This would require removing the Radio 10 and checking the aux cable connection in the back. Removal is not difficult:

http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?id=523

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I'm sure. I only very faintly hear the radio by putting my ear to the speaker. I knew I could hear something and then recognized the DJ talking. Maybe, it's a problem with my radio/aux input. I'm almost due for my 20,000 check-up. I guess this will go on my list. I don't think it's anything I'm doing.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Sounds like the aux cable going from the radio to the glovebox may be disconnected. They can check that for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I just joined the forum.

I just experienced the same problem when I tried to hookup my ipod thru the aux connection. Don't laugh but the radio volume was to low for the aux connection but when switched to radio mode it was higher. So because I heard the radio fine I assumed that the volume was going to the same for the aux connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts