Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AVAILABLE AT ADDITIONAL COST?

How many are aware that all models come standard with a black tridion safety cell only and the silver tridion safety cell is available at additional cost?

The body panels are available in six colors.

However only 3 are standard and the other 3 colors are offered at additional charges.

These colors are standard black, yellow and white are standard.

While blue metallic, red metallic and silver metallic are optional and additional cost are required.

The upholstery offered plain grey for the pure are the only available color. However red and beige for the passion and leather is available in the 2008 smart passion in conjunction with an optional package and additional costs.

Black cloth is not available on U.S. models or is the pulse models.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wonder about wheel rims? I simply do not like the 12 fin rims that are shown on the tour cars. I sure hope that they give you a choice on rims. I personally like the 6 spoke (like on the red cabrio on the SmartUSA website) rims and hope that they will be an option on the Passion.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Don't believe there is any price difference (extra charge) for the silver tridion...choosing either one does not change the configurators price whereas the metallic paints will add $$ (340 euros)

I think the 16" wheels will be available for the passion (but probably not the pure) as an option over the 15" 12 spoke wheels. But don't expect it to be cheap- it cost 750 euros at the european sites.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This Is From Smart Usa's Web Site

This is from smart USA's web site. Have you read their disclaimers?

"The new smart fortwo also features the two-color concept characteristic of this brand. All models come standard with a black tridion safety cell that can be upgraded to metallic silver at an additional cost. The changeable body panels are available in six colors - deep black, light yellow and crystal white are standard, while blue metallic, red metallic and silver metallic are offered for an additional charge.

The interior upholstery also offers a range of colors to compliment the exterior: plain grey for the pure, and design black, design red and design beige for the passion. Leather upgrades are available in the passion models in conjunction with an optional package.

In addition to all the features that come standard with the models of the new fortwo, a wide variety of additional options and accessories will be available to make the smart fortwo your own."

note: solid black cloth interior not available on U.S. models.
Excluding tax, license, registration, destination charge and options

All illustrations and specifications contained in this website are based on product information available at the time of posting applicable to vehicles available for sale outside of the United States and Puerto Rico. Specifications and equipment will differ for vehicles sold in the United States and Puerto Rico. smart USA reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice, in colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models. Any variations in colors shown are due to variations in monitor resolution. Illustrations may include test situations. Some vehicles may be shown with non-U.S. equipment. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm sure that these little options will increase the price, but what can you do! I definitely want the 6-spoke wheels! The bigger the wheels the more stable the car is!
Also, I wonder what other option they would have? I think I've seen GPS and Bluetooth option on European models. Honestly, I don't see GPS on the first US models, but Bluetooth would be nice.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is the USA

A security Alarm would be nice. At first it will be easy to spot your car, but after there are a million of them on the road. Like the VW or the Mini, it will be hard to find. Also, if it only cost a few hundred dollars to change the color panels, what would stop a theif from changing color for you car? ONSTAR would be nice to have as an option.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Yep, I guess you're right SA, its been awhile since I've check the US site (no new info), but it is right there, and also on the registration page. Guess I never noticed it there because I chose the black tridion.:rolleyes:
Anyway, I can see charging extra for painting the entire car, but....

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
The color options and interior material type (leather vs clothe) plus wheel diameter ? could get the price of this little baby up too far for my buying purpose. I only hope an exorbitant price is not placed on these options once we finally get to talk to a dealer about really ordering our cars...supposed to be this Fall I think I read. I don't know about the rest of you, but this waiting is just about killing me....:(

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
A security Alarm would be nice. At first it will be easy to spot your car, but after there are a million of them on the road. Like the VW or the Mini, it will be hard to find. Also, if it only cost a few hundred dollars to change the color panels, what would stop a theif from changing color for you car? ONSTAR would be nice to have as an option.
I know this is a Zombie, but his is Funny Stuff

Well OK they do have a Million on the road, but only 40K in the states:)

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
My greater metropolitan area has about 165K souls, and maybe a half dozen smarts, which cross paths rarely. Don't have much trouble identifying my car in a parking lot, LOL

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Same with me here. There are loads of people and not that many smarts. I usually don't see any for a while , then I might see one a day. Parking lots are no problem, just look for the most unlikely car in the Handicap spot (yes it's legit).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts