249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone post pictures, smartie with a baby seat? thanks:D

MAH' BB is coming in about 6 weeks 0:)

PS: now i have an excuse to go to ToyRus and Toy stores >:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I run a Britax convertible car seat rear facing in my personal smart ED for my 7 month old. Works fine. It will be nicer once I can go to forward facing so I can see my side mirror again. I'll try to snap a pic when I'm home tonight.

Tony

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is no button. There is an automatic feature based on a couple things including weight. I just always make sure the "passenger air bag off" light is lit up when I'm driving. Given my son's weight this hasn't been an issue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There is no button. There is an automatic feature based on a couple things including weight. I just always make sure the "passenger air bag off" light is lit up when I'm driving. Given my son's weight this hasn't been an issue.
Ah, ok. Didn't know the weight sensor is sufficient for that. I'd be worried about it temporarily sensing more weight when going over a bump or something and the airbag getting activated - even if only for a moment.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
The OFF button you see is to disable the interior motion sensor on the alarm.

It's for when you park with the top down, so that a bug flying into the car won't activate the alarm?
WOW, 6+ years later I learn yet again that the damn car is smarter than me - protecting me from flying insect and long reach false alarms.

Who knew . . . :shrug:

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
The OFF button you see is to disable the interior motion sensor on the alarm.

It's for when you park with the top down, so that a bug flying into the car won't activate the alarm?
We found out about the motion sensor alarm when traveling with my schnauzer when we moved from Texas to Nebraska. She kept setting the alarm off when in the car by herself. The button comes in very handy.

Before anyone freaks out, we made the move in December and she was only left in the car when we had to go inside at gas stations or for short food stops. Blankets and doggie coat was providedl. How else do you move your pets with you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts