Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Smart and a 2014 Smart. Both of the outside door "latch" where you wave your fingers under to get it to open do not work. Could it be something like a fuse or electronic? Ironically the 2014 will not allow me to lock the car, but the 2008 does lock. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2016 Pure
60 Posts
"Just wave your finger???" Our cars aren't that smart. Also my 453 is weird, I'm not sure when the outside pushbutton will work or not work. I think it has to do with whether all doors are unlocked or just driver. Maybe. Anyway I've started only using the fob so I don't actually know the rule.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Push the unlock on the key fob 3 times and then just push the button on the window hatch, thats how my 2016 prime works, or push the unlock button on the panel between your left knee and the drivers door when the car is shut off.

·
Registered
2016 Pure
60 Posts
What??? I just hold the fob button for one second and the hatch pops open. 2016 Pure. The oddity is that sometimes I can press the button on the hatch itself, without the fob, and it works, sometimes not. I think it's related to having the car fully unlocked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts