Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the coast (Wilmington NC) and have my smartie in sight. Didn't take her....took the Prius...wife's choice...she looks good...no bird poop..surprise...taking her out for a run....she looks and sounds good...adjusted the ultta guage to reflect temp as the no 1 indicator...from what I've been reading that's the guage to watch....for the long term.
also adjusted the ultraguage to reset avg mpg.....wow...after about 12 miles she's getting almost 45mpg. She sounds so good (just replaced the muffler) old one from Penn....salt maybe? Drives like a smart should...don't get distracted...stop watching the UG....Life is good...by the way gonna snow like a goose pooping here next two days.:D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Snow is coming down here in Ohio as well and I have been itching to get the car our and put the top back. I try to keep the smart as our third car and as much as I want to drive it I try to keep it in the garage and out of the salt. I was on the way home in my truck yesterday and a huge solid ice chunk fell from the car in front of me. The sound the truck made as my huge tires fought the monstrosity against the black top at 70mph raised hair on the back of my neck. Did I think o I hope my truck is ok. NOPE thought was "glad I was not in the smart".

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
We've been betting heavily on snow and only getting dusted. It is now supposed to head up into the seventies. Way too early for that or the trees will be popping out and get their bloomers frozen off. We don't really want warm weather until it can promise to stay or springs wonderful display just turns brown and falls off. I'm still hoping for one good snow. We've only gotten false starts. The streets have been salted a couple of times and then nothing. We had a small ice storm, but it did slight damage, nothing more.
Kheran, you should post your snow pics of home in Jersey. Unbelievable.

So Jakieowner, did you get snow or ice, or boogersnots? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts