Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my smart back to PsC tomorrow. It started showing the SRS light on all the time. I also noticed that in the short span of time we get sunlight here in Oregon, my headlights stay on in auto mode. The window is clean so I don't understand why. I know that sometimes during daylight they are off and come on when they should when I pull into the garage.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm not sure if there's an actual relationship, but, since January, when I had the original battery (bad) replaced, my headlights turn on when they're supposed to, rather than in bright daylight when they weren't. Could low voltage in a battery cause logic errors in the headlight sensor?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the car in today. Although they were swamped they had it back to me in about a hour. They replaced the drivers seat belt sensor. The tech said that they have replaced about 4 of them so far because of low voltage readings. I asked him about the auto headlights staying on in sunlight. He said that smart is aware of the problem. The first time they will come on during darkness they will go off when it gets bright again. If they have to cycle on again due to darkness they will remain on regardless. Sort of like if you go thru a tunnel they will come on and go off when you are out of the tunnel. If you go thru another tunnel during the same trip, they will stay on after you come out of the tunnel again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts