Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Well, we had to do that with our Toyota Matrix. Its bad to do, but if you need a car and rebuild your credit than do it. But then again, no one NEEDS a BMW.

We aren't upside down on the car anymore, and not on the smart either. But we can't refi or trade the toyota either because we owe what its worth and would still need a down.

I don't think anyone would take your BMW when you owe 8k more than its worth, and if they do, it will roll into the next car and the processes starts again.
Its not smart, its your situation man. It sux, but you gotta deal with the 8k.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Philly booed Santa Claus and hates puppies.......
We didn't boo Santa, we threw snowballs at him. Get it right. And we love puppies, especially served as cheesesteaks.

I'm getting my car from CH and the only problem I did have was I have felt pressured at times to take an orphan that had options I wasn't interested in or colors I didn't like. I can let you know what the credit/finance dept is like a little later today.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
tough crowd. just wanted to share my experience(s) to see if anyone had any better ideas. no worries folks, bottom line is we all have options now to by the car or not. from a dealer or not.
Yea, I got it before. Thats why I tried not to attack and just support. And I love popcorn.

·
Super Moderator
17,595 Posts
With all that I've seen and heard at my dealer so far, it's just you. :)

But maybe your dealer is the one that's going a little coocoo. :wow:

·
Banned
343 Posts
It sure seems like Smart needs to do a better job selling.
They don't even advertise, and had a waiting list for over a year. Seems like they're doing a pretty good job selling, so far. Although it's probably time to start advertising.

In these posts I hear that people are having a hard time with decent interest rates, acceptable forms of deposit/ down payments/ pay offs, reservations that are very late. etc.
And I'm sure people have those same problems with other car dealerships and/or banks. And, again, Smart has people lining up for their cars; they haven't yet needed to bend over backwards.

If you take some time to look at these posts, you'd see problems with warranty, repair bills, radio issues, no spare tires, etc etc. and these are NEW cars.
Hold on there, pardner. What's the point here? Are you saying the Smart is a lemon? Are you saying that, because a few people have had some odd repair issues, Smart should start giving people breaks? "Radio issues"? "No spare tires?" What?

I'm not convinced that just because I have waited 13 months now, that I should bend over back wards to accept anything.... Especially when the economy is crap and my dealer has several orphans waiting to be bought. OR maybe it is just Devon Smart (in Devon, PA)

I'd rather go across the river to Cherry Hill NJ or for that matter buy one from ebay/ craigslist. and not have to deal with sales people with attitude. or even better yet, keep my money!!

Sorry smarties....
Was there a point to this babbling, really? I'm not sure I get it.

As far as I know, the Smarts are pretty much the same price everywhere, no? Around 11 and change for a Pure, around 13 to 14 for a Passion depending upon what you want? As far as I know, you won't find a Pure for $9,999. Nor will you find a dealership gouging people with Passions for $18,000.

And if you'd rather buy a used car from a private person, who's done God knows what to it, than get it from a dealership... more power to you.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
tough crowd. just wanted to share my experience(s) to see if anyone had any better ideas. no worries folks, bottom line is we all have options now to by the car or not. from a dealer or not.
What it comes down to is you buy the car you want, period. If you want a smart, you find a way to buy it. Guaranteed a private seller isn't going to give you any better price for their used smart than you are able to get a new smart for from a dealership. They are not going to take the BMW in trade either. Interest rates are what they are. If you shop the credit unions, you can usually find a good rate. There are many posts here giving you avenues to pursue. Either take the initiative to get it done or find comfort in the fact you'll own the BMW for 6 more years. Good luck with you decision! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
We didn't boo Santa, we threw snowballs at him. Get it right. And we love puppies, especially served as cheesesteaks.

I'm getting my car from CH and the only problem I did have was I have felt pressured at times to take an orphan that had options I wasn't interested in or colors I didn't like. I can let you know what the credit/finance dept is like a little later today.

I hope the original poster knows that we're all just kidding a bit. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
The numbers speak for them selves.

What it comes down to is you buy the car you want, period. If you want a smart, you find a way to buy it. Guaranteed a private seller isn't going to give you any better price for their used smart than you are able to get a new smart for from a dealership. They are not going to take the BMW in trade either. Interest rates are what they are. If you shop the credit unions, you can usually find a good rate. There are many posts here giving you avenues to pursue. Either take the initiative to get it done or find comfort in the fact you'll own the BMW for 6 more years. Good luck with you decision! :)
Well said. Can’t believe this guy can’t see his negativity. Tons of complaining post on this site. I like how the team came together on this one. It’s been said already and IMHO you need to do your home work before going to any dealer.
The numbers speak for them selves. U.S auto sales plunged 37 percent in January, Smart sale up 177 percent. Any questions? :)

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Well said. Can’t believe this guy can’t see his negativity. Tons of complaining post on this site. I like how the team came together on this one. It’s been said already and IMHO you need to do your home work before going to any dealer.
The numbers speak for them selves. U.S auto sales plunged 37 percent in January, Smart sale up 177 percent. Any questions? :)
:pNone, now that I have changed this into a font I could read:rolleyes:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts