Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen a BAP thread in a while and tbh the BAP threads always seem to have conflicting info on the program. Last I heard you had 3 options if you were in a BAP lease. Buy the battery for $5k, Sell the car and get the new owner to sign up for the BAP or Return the battery with or without the sled.

Well I finally bought a new EV and need to get rid of the Smart so I called MB today and spoke to Debbie (the only one who answers the phone according to her lol) and she said when I sell it to send them the bill of sale so they can cancel the BAP and the new owner will have the option to pick it up but is NOT required to do so. And to call them to get the link to cancel the western union autopay. Apparently they're quietly trying to wind down the BAP program.

Anyone get this same info or conflicting info when talking to MB recently?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Whay
Haven't seen a BAP thread in a while and tbh the BAP threads always seem to have conflicting info on the program. Last I heard you had 3 options if you were in a BAP lease. Buy the battery for $5k, Sell the car and get the new owner to sign up for the BAP or Return the battery with or without the sled.

Well I finally bought a new EV and need to get rid of the Smart so I called MB today and spoke to Debbie (the only one who answers the phone according to her lol) and she said when I sell it to send them the bill of sale so they can cancel the BAP and the new owner will have the option to pick it up but is NOT required to do so. And to call them to get the link to cancel the western union autopay. Apparently they're quietly trying to wind down the BAP program.

Anyone get this same info or conflicting info when talking to MB recently?
What Debbie told you is correct. MB quietly disowned that those BAP contracts with those onerous conditions at least two years ago, and probably earlier. In fact, when I bought the ED I had been leasing since 2015, I simply cancelled the payments on the Western Union website and the sales man never brought up the issue during the sales paperwork. When I pressed the issue, he told me that it as just an optional month-to-month warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts