Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Smart Electric Drive Battery Percentage Issue

I recently picked up a 2017 Smart Electric and the car has great for around town usage. Today i noticed when i was driving i was at around 25% remaining battery when a warning popped up that said battery at reserve levels and the battery percentage instantly went down to 8% remaining. Luckily i was near my house when this happened so i was able to make it back home and plugged it in. When it was charging it did the opposite it went from around 10% up to 25% instantly. Has anyone else experienced something like this happening?

The car only has 30,000 miles and is still under warranty for a year. This was the first time that i have drained the battery below 30% since purchasing the the car from Mercedes a few weeks ago. I already have a service appointment scheduled for next week for a bad tpms sensor and will be asking them what the deal is about the battery percentage.

TLDR: battery went from 25% to 8% instantly. Why?

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,096 Posts
Not familiar with the 453 Guess-o-meter but if you can “reset” the history you might get rid of erroneous data stored in the dash/pod readout?

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
393 Posts
Fully charge, run down to about 10 percent. Park car for several hours, then plug it in and let it charge to 100%. I've been told that resets the battery computer.
I've heard the same thing, except it was to below 40% not 10%. worth trying though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts