Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , racking my brain .
Our 2016 453 battery light came on , so I replaced the battery .
Still same light is on . YES I have checked the voltage ! At rest the battery is just under 13 volts after a few day of sitting . I just went out and started it , voltage went up just under 14 volts … put the lights on with high beams , ac on full blast , radio on ….. voltage across the terminals never dropped below 13.8 . We have decided it’s a dealer visit now . Unless you all have some sort of ideas ??

Thanks in Advance
Stevie B

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess if a belt was loose it would squeal under load ?
Car is running fine and it is Properly Maintained by a Dealer and will be going for this issue . Just thought a simple battery replacement was just that , simple . I’ll update when it’s back what it turned out being

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curious if you got it fixed and what was it?
Not fixed yet . It goes in in two weeks to the dealer . But , all fingers point to the alternator being the issue . Wife drove it yesterday , light still on with zero issues …. So jury is still out .
The service tech said he was working on a 16 with the same issue and it turned out it was the alternator .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please keep me posted. I just bought a 2016 gas fortwo Passion. I haven’t registered it yet because I’m waiting for paperwork. It only has 10k miles so I can’t imagine it should be something worn out. THANKS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts