Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally first sighting of what looked to be a delivered 08 ForTwo in SF - last night did a double take at seeing a blue/blk Smart parked on 28th in Noe Valley :cool:

Anyone here? Looked very cute sitting there not filling up the little single space :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Haven't seen an officially delivered car outside the showroom. They must be getting out there, since I see a different group in the showroom each day.

Must admit the red/silver cabrio I saw in the window on Friday looked very nice.

·
Registered
171 Posts
In the Presidio

I saw one this afternoon in the Presidio. I'm not sure but I think it was blue/black. I was a couple of blocks away.

·
Registered
145 Posts
White cabrio will be running around Oakland, and out in the Concord area where my shop is for the next couple of weeks. Give the Porsche a rest, since it's been my driver for the past 6 months.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The San Francisco smart Center has/had 2 orphans on Wednesday last week. They modified them both. One had its wheels sent off to a chrome shop and the other had an expensive GPS w/ backup camera installed. one was blue and black and the other was black and silver.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just saw my first- a white/silver tridion coupe on Upper Terrace.. with an armrest sitting on the seat. I wonder if the aftermarket add-on isn't so easy to attach. Regardless, it's VERY cool to see your first one. I was peering in and an elderly woman in a window above was waving and smiling at me. Who knows if it was hers, but this is the kind of street where the smart is utterly brilliant.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The San Francisco smart Center has/had 2 orphans on Wednesday last week. They modified them both. One had its wheels sent off to a chrome shop and the other had an expensive GPS w/ backup camera installed. one was blue and black and the other was black and silver.

That's too bad. I tried to get on their orphan list but was just told they didn't expect to have many..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Smartazz
Did you still put your name in? When I talked to them they indicated about a 5% orphan rate. Bill said they may have some comming up now that they have been trying to contact people for 30 days and have a few that have not stepped up. Once they are clear from Smart they can sell to their list.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I saw a couple in the past week here in the Menlo Park. Wondering what is up with my order, i'm 1186, not sure what we are working at today.
Anyone have any experience yet with purchasing and fees?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just saw another last night.. red, black tridion, on 20th Street, right by Dolores Park. Parked in a 'smart-only' parking spot. Exactly my big motivation for gettin one. Got to say, the red is REALLY nice.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There's 2 bumblebees in the South bay area - I saw them last week. The first one I saw was southbound on 101 at the 87 exit - he was moving from the #3 lane to the exit to 87 towards the airport while I was entering 101 from the De La Cruz on-ramp. Then Friday evening there was another sighting - heading southbound on 101 in Morgan Hill - my wife was driving our silver/black passion behind our motorhome (Bounder 35E) and the bumblebee tooted his horn as he passed by.

·
Registered
91 Posts
whole foods- walnut creek

Yesterday I saw a woman driving a black/black/? I waved like crazy to her from the passenger seat in our Honda Pilot. She sort of looked at me like I was crazy. My husband said that she was smiling:). I was jealous.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, I got an orphan bumble bee cabrio 10 days ago from SF AND saw another one last night on Golden Gate, caught up with her so there we sat at the stop sign side by side....cool....Ms Bea

·
Registered
145 Posts
Saw a red cabrio zipping (and I mean zipping!) NB 680 Danville-Alamo yesterday, SF delivery. I was in my big box W4500 lumbering along, so it was well up the road before I even realized it was the only one other than mine I've seen in person on the road.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bumble Bee in Walnut Creek

Tonight I saw a Bumble Bee on North Main Street in Walnut Creek.
I was going to get the same color, but wasn't sure about the "yellow". It was a better yellow than I thought it would be. Loved it! I always get SO excited when I see a Smart. Can't wait for mine! (I configured a tomato - I mean, red). It's been exactly 90 days since I've configured, and NO news....

1 - 20 of 100 Posts