Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up car. It started beeping, I turned off the engine and it kept bbeping for a few minuts any ideas as to why?

·
Super Moderator
29,397 Posts
Seatbelts? No idea, but mine beeped after taking the key out a few times. I've learned to leave the key in for a few seconds after shutting the car off so it can "power down" or whatever it does. That stopped those beeps. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Seatbelts? No idea, but mine beeped after taking the key out a few times. I've learned to leave the key in for a few seconds after shutting the car off so it can "power down" or whatever it does. That stopped those beeps. :)
just turn the key back to accessory on position and then off and all is well - happens every 7 or so days, but again, may be related to removing the key too fast... I'll have to test this theory... smarts are quirky little critters...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Happens to me occasionally, usually when I try to take the key out too fast. Just turn it a bit and turn it back and it stops immediately.

Prob what jwight said, since someone said in another thread that the delay in starting the car is because the car "boots up". I guess it needs to "power down", too.

·
Registered
545 Posts
just turn the key back to accessory on position and then off and all is well - happens every 7 or so days, but again, may be related to removing the key too fast... I'll have to test this theory... smarts are quirky little critters...
It is basically a computer with 4 wheels :rolleyes:, thank goodness microsoft didn't program it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.