Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've said I wouldn't get anything past my two speakers and a head unit but I caught the fever :(

I got a Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 and my two JL speakers are going to be wired to it on saturday. I don't think thats going to give me the oomph in the bass that I was hoping my expensive speakers would.

Now I've been staring at little subs all day and I don't know what I want, or if I want. Most of the threads here talking about active subs are older and the ones suggested aren't sold anymore, are outdated, or have little information on the fit. I feel like I should get a little unpowered sub since I have 2 channels left on my amp (75w RMS x2 bridged = 150w rms?). I doubt I can find a decent sounding one to fit under the driver's seat, and I've seen a lot that go behind the driver's seat but I don't want to hit it or inhibit my seat from sliding forward/backward.

I'm on somewhat of a budget because I keep dumping all my money into paying this little car off. Any suggestions?

·
He's not mine
9,608 Posts
I have an OEM sub from my 2008 I'd part with. It fits under the driver's seat. But, IMO, it isn't worth what it would cost to ship.

I've also got an 8" JBL GTO804 with only about 8 days on it before I upgraded to a Focal. Problem is, shipping would likely be pricey since it's kinda heavy & bulky to ship. I don't need it though. Come to the Dragon this weekend and I'll tote it up there for you. I paid $80 + S/h for it.

smartmadness has an enclosure for 8" subs, it fits up in the passenger side cubby hole. And, FWIW, other manufacturers are also making sub enclosures for this application. You'll likely pay more for the enclosure than you will for the speaker if you go this route.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meh I really just wanted something small a hidden behind/under the seat so nobody breaks into my car. Detroit isn't kind :[

·
He's not mine
9,608 Posts
Ya know, 8" is pretty small for a sub. And, in the passenger side cubby hole, it is entirely out of sight, even from inside the car.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Meh I really just wanted something small a hidden behind/under the seat so nobody breaks into my car. Detroit isn't kind :[
The under dash enclosure NCC was talking about is completely hidden. Takes no extra room in the cabin and you'd never know it was there. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
To run a single sub on both rear channels, you normally would hook the sub to the left + and the right -, but call fosgate and make sure it's okay.

I think you'd b happier with rear speakers than a sub initially. The door speakers are so low, and your leg blocks the driver's side.

Run the gain at 5 for a couple days before you try to tune anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts