Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Obese person here, hoping to get a bench seat in the Smart car. Is this available ? Also, tilted steering or smaller steering wheel to get belly under (a problem with every other car AND TRUCK that I have been looking at to buy). I AM DESPERATE to find something, ANYTHING, to drive just locally. Thank you, Happi

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I AM DESPERATE to find something, ANYTHING, to drive just locally. Thank you, Happi
I do not mean to sound rude but how about changing yourself to suit the car instead of the other way around?

If it's all local, why not walk?
If it's real bad, what about a gastric band?

Being obese is dangerous for your health, driving won't help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The location of the ignition key will very possibly be a problem. It is located on the small console between the seats. As has been mentioned on this forum in the past, it is easily bumped if you are of the hefty persuasion. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Hey, I don't fit too well in a Ford Explorer, They are tight between the door and the center console. And without tilt, it would be impossible due to my long legs.

The Smart has much more room than they look from the outside. Give one a try. Still I wouldn't mind a tilt wheel....

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
...why not rearrange the seat to travel back as much as the passenger side does...may not be as much but every little bit helps...
...and yes...I too share Evilutions view on the subject...take care .....

jetfuel

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
reference

I do not mean to sound rude but how about changing yourself to suit the car instead of the other way around?

FWIW, a study published in this month's surgical journal shows that the best weight loss results in the very morbidly obese (those with the highest BMI's) were with a long limb roux-en-y bypass procedure, not a gastric band.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts

Hey, chill out. Im big too. I love the smart. Dont need to judge any one here. My wife needs and extender in any car we drive in (except the Tiguan :rolleyes:) and both of us are happy with the smart.

Hey, I dont think the bench is possiable. I dont know if you have driven one, but my guess is you have. If you have not, go to your local toyota dealership and ask for a seat belt extender for a corola matrix. They should give you one for free. There is a ford one also. Its a generic adapter. Take a test drive.

As far as your belly, the steering wheel will not tilt. I kinda wish it did too so I could see the instrument panel better, but its all good. You could pay for one that would telescope but you would have to find one that would work and pay for the install.

PM me so I can get an idea of how big we are talking. Im 350, and my wife is much larger. No judgment here. Love the big life.

If you can't run with the big dawgs, stay on the porch!

·
Super Moderator
17,860 Posts

-settle down a little.
Fat runs in my family. My mom is shorter than me (I think I'm about 5' 4"-ish) and she weighs 200.
I weigh 200 also but I'm taller so I look skinnier than her. But still I have some meat on the bones! My metabolism is like nothing but some exercise helps.

happi -I at first worried about me compared to the Smart, but after spending some quality time on this forum I worry about nothing (except for financing :()
You should be fine to with some adjustments. that steering wheel idea is interesting, but for a bench, you probably won't need one.

-GOOD LUCK
-Neon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.