Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best sound system for the Smart Pure that I can install with support for AUX input? I assume the factory radio does not allow for it. I opted out of having anything installed at the dealer when I got the car.

I don't need anything fancy and really don't use CDs much. I just wanna plug in my iPhone so I can listen to podcast and music etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
The radio 10 has an aux imput, hooks up through a plug in the glove compartment. I had my iphone hooked up to it and it worked great.

Not sure if you have a plug in the glovey if you didn't opt for the radio though. I bet $1 that it's there.

·
Super Moderator
29,152 Posts
Both the 9 and 10, as well as the new (2011 up) entryline basic radio, have the aux input. Would assume the new radio/nav unit has it as well. :)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
if it's 2008 - 2010 you'll have the aux in in the glove box whether you had the radio or not. the radio 9 or 10 both were able to access the iPhone via the aux in.

in 2011-2013 they changed the dash and the radios, and added a USB port to the govebox. however, if you don't have either a entryline or the highline stereo (eg you have a "radioless pure") you won't have the port in the glovebox either.

otherwise "best sound system" is pretty relative...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, thanks for the help. I would like to buy a Radio 10 for my 2009 Pure if anyone has one here, so I can use the AUX input :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts