Smart Car of America Forum banner

Best source for OEM wheels?

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  InjuredAgain 
#1 ·
I’m looking to purchase two rear wheels 16” y spoke 6.5x16 (part number A4534010500) to replace my two front wheels and be able to have the same sized tires all around.

My Google searches have failed.

So short of going to a Mercedes parts counter and trade my first-born for two wheels, anyone have any suggestions? I wouldn’t mind used if in great shape.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#4 ·
I tell you, these smart OEM wheels must be made of unobtanium. I can get a pristine set of 18X8.5 and 19X10 Corvette wheels for less than the price of a pair of new rears.

Since my search for a pair of used rears for a reasonable price has been unsuccessful, what I'm probably going to do is buy a new set of four alloy rims from TireRack and then sell my existing rears for nearly the same money.

#5 ·
I tell you, these smart OEM wheels must be made of unobtanium.

Since my search for a pair of used rears for a reasonable price has been unsuccessful, what I'm probably going to do is buy a new set of four alloy rims from TireRack and then sell my existing rears for nearly the same money.
Since this SD CL $500/obo listing is on THE LEFT COAST, may want to see if he will ship the rears only? Black but appear to be PlastKote?

Note, when I bought rears I took the whole set (F & R) including the front "bicycle" tires as those are ALWAYS finding potholes and with "urgency" for a replacement I was able to sell one at a time (on fleaBay) and nearly covered the purchase of all four . . . :shrug:

#6 · (Edited)
It took me 6 months to find two matching rear rims in good shape for $35 each, to use on the front of my 09 smart.

You are looking for a 453 model, not nearly as many sold here for as many years as the 451's. That fact alone may test your patience in finding good used rear rims.
The good news is, you have FOUR lugs holding your wheels on your 453 instead of just three. That gives you a lot more options for full set replacements if you wish to go that route, than for the 451

:smartje.bl.zl:

#8 ·
Both alloywheelsdirect and hubcaphaven, along with smartmadness, have new rears for around $400 a pair to my door. I should call smartmadness to see about their blem rear wheels, which would only be about $300 a pair to my door but not good if they are really blemished.

I did have a lead on a brand new set of wheels from just running into an owner in a parking lot and striking up a conversation, but they were the wrong design. Every other time I've seen an ad for rims or a wreck that's being parted out, the rears are gone within literally minutes.

Are there really that many smart owners who want rear wheels? Sheesh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.