Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's finally our turn. Forcast says 6" to 10" to possibly 12" of snow in Burlington Greensboro area starting tomorrow about noon. Just to the east in NC an ice storm of what may be epic proportions is brewing. Governer has declared a state of emergency-no joke. Guess I'll get to see what a smart does in deeper snow. Or not. Depends. We've already been to grocery store, ect. so we won't end up having to eat the cat or dog.
I'll take pics of the smart and the snow.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Yeah, no snow or any other freezing precip forecast for my area this time. The January 29th sleet event was something we might see once in several decades.

This storm is pretty serious stuff for those in the path. Stay safe!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm just happy that we will actually see some temps above freezing next week. Although I'm hoping that the rain next week on topof the 12 inches of snow in my yard don't earn me a wet basement.

Stay off the roads and stay safe. We've had like 3 feet of snow since December 1st, so I feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
So far, any real accumulation of snow in the Memphis area has been north, south, east or west of us. As snow comes close, it usually stops at the river bluff from the west, divides and goes around us.
We would love to get a good five or six inches, sans the ice how ever.
Twenty years ago, we had six inches of ice on the power lines here. No, it did not go well. As a result, we celebrate our anniversary on Valentines day, instead. It has been a good twenty year run, once the ice storm was over. It took weeks, if not months to get all the power back on. More than a few houses were obliterated by massive falling trees. One very nice house was simply cut in two.

The rest of my family live in Winston-Salem, NC. so it will be interesting to see if they cash in on this storm.
We are getting a light dusting right now at 5 a.m. not much accumulation worth even bothering to measure. I would rather see BIG flakes. Almost never happens, here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts