Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let people know that the new dealership in Brimingham, Al will be opening on August 2nd. They have a shipment of cars on the way.
So far the people I have talked to at the dealership are helpful and courteous. They did tell me the doc fee is $297.50. Hope this info helps.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
That's a good thing - saves us almost $200! from the Florida doc fees!!

Are you gonna make the trip up on Saturday? I'm planning on it though the wife is trying to nix that every chance she gets - she'll give in for the trip. You should be there picking up a car by then....right? (darn! NO CRYSTAL BALL emoticon!) :toot

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good thing - saves us almost $200! from the Florida doc fees!!

Are you gonna make the trip up on Saturday? I'm planning on it though the wife is trying to nix that every chance she gets - she'll give in for the trip. You should be there picking up a car by then....right? (darn! NO CRYSTAL BALL emoticon!) :toot
Nope not this Sat. I wouldn't doubt next Sat. though...why are you going on Sat? For their grand opening? You better stay away from my car. Don't be waving dollars in front of the sales people trying to buy my car. LOL...Seriously if you do go and if you don't mind, can you check on my tomato? It's under Matt's name. :D

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I'll get them to open it up for me and take a picture of like ten people crammed in there........I'll try to get them to use it for a contest.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Mike - we'll be gone by then.

Robbie - Right on, it's the blue one with the custom heavy tinting of red pigmentation in the paint. :)

Hopefully they'll have some freebies - that's how I lured DW into even going along for OK'ing the drive up there. My reason is backroads through backwoods AL will make it all worth it. A friend of mine said it best, he said they'll be saying "Wuts dat? Is dat dare ah ewe eff ohh?"

·
Registered
6 Posts
going up saturday!

I'll head up to Birmingham this sat. from Mobile to pick up my smart. Black with silver tridon. :smartje.rd.zw: ! I can't wait!!! I definitely want it, but trying to not get ripped off too bad with all the mysterious "fees". I've heard some dealers get a little crazy with them.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
The dealer's brand new (as in days)... they'd be crazy to make their first customers angry with unreasonable fees. A few hundred to a thousand bucks is a reasonable profit for their effort. Doc fees, taxes, title, tag fees are charged by the state. Delivery charge of a couple hundred is standard. What you were quoted on the website is pretty close to what you'll pay outside of all that. If you don't know the final price, you should call the salesperson and just make sure you're on the same page. That way if there's a disagreement you have a couple days to understand it instead of stewing over the 'last minute surprise.'

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Robbie - Right on, it's the blue one with the custom heavy tinting of red pigmentation in the paint. :)

Hopefully they'll have some freebies - that's how I lured DW into even going along for OK'ing the drive up there. My reason is backroads through backwoods AL will make it all worth it. A friend of mine said it best, he said they'll be saying "Wuts dat? Is dat dare ah ewe eff ohh?"
Yeah that one. lol..........hey I want some fee stuff :cry::puppy_dog_eyes:. tell them to save me something for when i come up on monday or tuesday.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
The mysterious fees are on orphans. Your ordered car won't have any mysterious fees "EXCEPT" the "documentation" fee which is quite reasonable compared to what the Florida dealers are offering up.

I'll be around there at 1100am - going to get a looksee and hang out a few minutes then head on back down 65 to Montgomery to the back roads.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Sorry you'll be gone by then. I have to work until 3:00. Then the DW and I are going to stop by en route to a concert in Pelham.

I hope they have plenty of swag.....swag is good...swag is very good.

I'm hoping that the DW can take a test drive, she hasn't even seen a Smart up close. So she really has no idea what her DH has spent $99 of the house's hard earned money on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I sure wish I could be there, I have to work the FD in Still Waters that day. After all this time waiting and going by taking pictures, I can't be there. THAT REALLY BITES! I sure wish they would call and say my car is on the way. Has anyone heard from them on there's. If so, what are your #s so I can judge where I am at. Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
I sure wish I could be there, I have to work the FD in Still Waters that day. After all this time waiting and going by taking pictures, I can't be there. THAT REALLY BITES! I sure wish they would call and say my car is on the way. Has anyone heard from them on there's. If so, what are your #s so I can judge where I am at. Thanks
I'll take pics for you. Someone will have to explain how to post the pics.
Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Smart Group

I'll take pics for you. Someone will have to explain how to post the pics.
Mike
Mike,
Is there a Smart Owners Group up here in the Birmingham Area? We are located in the Calera, AL area up from the Mims, FL area. We were in a very active Owners Group down there.

Take Care,
Larry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts