Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally received my Lorinser Speedy's, it looks perfect with the lowered stance of the Eibach Springs. I Autocrossed the car today and it did not rub at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sharp looking Smart :cool: I love the Lorinsers. I'm thinking of geting a similar setup with possibly the H&Rs or Eibachs (once my smart arrives :D). I have one question though: Do you notice your car to be any slower, due to the larger/heavier size of the wheels?

·
Super Moderator
29,390 Posts
Tiger, very sharp looking car! Check out his other Gallery photos -

Since you mentioned it, how does the car do autocrossing with the larger wheels&tires? :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
205/40/17 in front and 225/35/17 in the rear.. I think the rears are a little bit too wide for the 7" rim. For Autocrossing the wider tires helped the handling alot. The only time there was a slight tire rub was coming down a hill and u turning back up, and that was on the front wheel well plastic.

·
Vendor
3,660 Posts
If you get new wheels like say, 17" do you have to get new springs or do they fit with low profile tires?
You do not need to install springs if you go with 17" wheels unless you want the added benefit of better handling. The springs will also lower the car a bit. For reference here is a shot of our car with 17" MOMO's with stock springs.

Since we became a distributor for Lorinser we have put on a set of Lorinser wheels. Here is a picture with the new wheels. Still with stock springs.

We now started to carry Eibach springs, so next week we will be installing a set of springs on the cars.

Hope that helps... :)

·
Vendor
3,660 Posts
Nice. Thanks. I like the Speedys but I can't afford those, any suggestions? Under $2k if possible.
Absolutely!

We stock Lorinsers and sell a variety of Wheel/Tire/Adapter packages. The MOMO's in the pics are for sale. Nothing wrong with them, just switched to Lorinser since we became a distributor. The MOMO set (wheels, tires, adapters and hardware) is for sale (PM me if you are interested). They have about 200-300 miles on them and are perfect.

We also have a number of packages available that drop ship directly to your place (mounted, balanced and ready to go). Here is a link for them:

Wheels

Feel free to email us if you have any questions at all.

Thanks...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts