Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Smart Center Indianapolis posted a link on their Facebook page about the new brand ambassador program. Here's the link:

Introducing the smart Brand Ambassador Program!

I would like to get a group of us together to do the Blueberry Festival Parade this year. It is in Plymouth, IN on Labor Day. We would need at least 4 smarts (me and my dad already have 2 covered) and we have to stay within a limit of 6. SO... we are looking for 2-4 more smarts to join us in this fun day!

Also in the link, they mentioned that each smart involved will receive their own $25 gift card to the Smart Center Indianapolis.

Let me know if you are interested!!!:D

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Just a word of warning:

Several years ago a bunch of us did the Blueberry festival parade in our smarts. It is a very slow moving parade, and our automated clutches don't like it. When we finished the route, all of our cars stunk from the hot clutches due to the constant engage/disengaging that the ECU had to modulate. Convinced me never to do a parade again. :badidea:

That being said, my smart now has 157K on it, and still has the original clutch in it, so I must not have done too much damage.

I wish you luck if you decide to go ahead with it. I hope you have fun!:)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
The Indiana smart club doesn't exist anymore. I was the President and stepped down at the end of last year. Nobody was interested in taking over so it died.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a word of warning:

Several years ago a bunch of us did the Blueberry festival parade in our smarts. It is a very slow moving parade, and our automated clutches don't like it. When we finished the route, all of our cars stunk from the hot clutches due to the constant engage/disengaging that the ECU had to modulate. Convinced me never to do a parade again. :badidea:

That being said, my smart now has 157K on it, and still has the original clutch in it, so I must not have done too much damage.

I wish you luck if you decide to go ahead with it. I hope you have fun!:)
Hi guys,

Sorry, I've been away from the computer for a while. I've been warned about that clutch issue by others also, but I believe that as long as we put it into neutral whenever possible, there will be less problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me check my work and wife schedule. I might be able to join up.

Do you know how I can find info on Indiana smart club?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That'd be awesome if you could. Just let me know... The deadline to turn in an application for the festival is August 10th, so just let me know if you are interested by August 5 please! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Indiana smart club doesn't exist anymore. I was the President and stepped down at the end of last year. Nobody was interested in taking over so it died.
Yeah that really is upsetting. I was hoping that somebody would step up and take it over. I would love to have given it a shot, but I'm just a busy 17 year old that will be going off to college to who knows where soon so I wouldn't have been much good for the club at all. Hopefully we can revive it in the future.:shrug:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Smart Center Indianapolis posted a link on their Facebook page about the new brand ambassador program. Here's the link:

Introducing the smart Brand Ambassador Program!

I would like to get a group of us together to do the Blueberry Festival Parade this year. It is in Plymouth, IN on Labor Day. We would need at least 4 smarts (me and my dad already have 2 covered) and we have to stay within a limit of 6. SO... we are looking for 2-4 more smarts to join us in this fun day!

Also in the link, they mentioned that each smart involved will receive their own $25 gift card to the Smart Center Indianapolis.

Let me know if you are interested!!!:D
What day and times would you need us?
At the present time we have 2 smarts. 2009 and 2013

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What day and times would you need us?
At the present time we have 2 smarts. 2009 and 2013
It would just be on Monday, September 1. We would have to be in line at 7:00 a.m. and the parade starts at 9:30. So I would assume from about 6:45 am to about 11 am. And then if you would like to do lunch after or anything. Up to you though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts