Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that the door seal hoop that mates to the body door opening has taken some abuse from the previous owners before we bought our 2016 Ed 1

I have ordered the replacement seal and am wondering if there's any tricks to removal and installation? Is it glued? I suspect it is mounted on a channel and simple pulls off and pushes back in place to seat. Thanks in advance for any advice

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well........ Found out by actually replacing the seal. It's channel mounted and incredibly easy to do

Just pull off the old one, noting were to lineup the seal profile changes, and push the new one in place

If anyone has chewed up the lower portion of the body-to-door seal, which I expect many of you may have -due to the proximity where the seal is to where you drag your feet in, don't hesitate to replace it. It's easy and cost about $80

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Was going to mention the better aspects of ordering the part before figuring out how the job is done, but didn’t want to sound like a smart a**. Thanks for coming back and sharing!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well........ Found out by actually replacing the seal. It's channel mounted and incredibly easy to do

Just pull off the old one, noting were to lineup the seal profile changes, and push the new one in place

If anyone has chewed up the lower portion of the body-to-door seal, which I expect many of you may have -due to the proximity where the seal is to where you drag your feet in, don't hesitate to replace it. It's easy and cost about $80
Thanks and useful , since mine is getting its fair share of abuse .

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well.......I was going to replace it either way, so I figured I?d ask. Ready, shoot,...aim! Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts