Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the body panels the same from 2008 to 2015? And will coupe panels fit a cabrio?
I am trying to buy a grey 2013 cabrio and want to find colorful body panels for it. My MB dealer says he can find body panels for a 2008-20012 coupe and he does not think they would fit a 2013 cabrio?! Huh? Those panels should fit shouldn't they?
Maybe I should just get it wrapped in lime green :)

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
ALL are the same. However in 2013 there was a "Facelift" done to the cars and as a result the front grilles are very different. BUT if you take all the grille work off of pre- 2013 cars and post 2013 they are exactly the same under it all.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK...I might be a bit dense here, but does this mean I can take the panels off a 2011 Smart and put them easily on a 2013 Smart?
The car would look like the earlier 'pre-facelift' models but the panels would fit?

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
OK...I might be a bit dense here, but does this mean I can take the panels off a 2011 Smart and put them easily on a 2013 Smart?
The car would look like the earlier 'pre-facelift' models but the panels would fit?
YES!! The only differences are the front grilles and valances...
My car is an '09 but I have valances and side skirts from a '12. I didn't care much for the look of the original skirts looking like they were made out of tar paper . My son's car is a '15 (facelift) and I have rebuilt the front nose on that twice and ALL the smae parts are under the different grille. If his car was white like mine (his is black) he'd have lost the rear valance by now since I love the look of the 15's rear valance. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts