Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just had to happen. With only a about 5 weeks on my black pure plus some "@#$^%" clipped my door in a roundabout. Not too much damage overall. He only hit my driver door and left a scuff about a foot long, more than a scratch less then a deep gouge I guess.

What do I do? take it to the dealer for a door panel replacement? or the local body shop to have it 'buffed out'?

If I go replacement does any one know about how much it costs to replace just the door panel? (black). it was a event that the cost of repairs (on both cars) would be less than the insurance increase. We exchanged info (in front of the local police) and agreed to pay our own repairs with no police report. so this is an out of pocket expense.

TIA

Bob

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Just bought one of the last yellow door panels last week. $269 plus tax.

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
If you know a great plastic repair place (unlikely) you might be able to repair. Yours is unpainted so I'd suggest a replace. Unlike metalwork, you can't "bondo and sand" your way to a smooth finish; you'll have a visual divot in the panel even if it's brought back to its original luster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts