Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Odd lot and broken panels wanted

I find myself with a lot of scuffed and slightly broken panels, but not quite a complete set. I'd be interested in trying to fill sets so folks looking for Pink, Purple or Gold cars can satisfy their weird longings.

Have folks with talent in repairing GM and Vette and other plastic and composite panels, plus plastic welding. The latter, I only intend on using on non-structural cracks.

Cheers, Bob in KCMO

· Premium Member
695 Posts
White panels

I gather you're in FL and would like to swap your white panels. Most importantly, which color do you want and are you coming to KC for the National Meet?

Give me details and perhaps we can help each other out.

Cheers, Bob

· Premium Member
695 Posts
If someone speaks up quickly, we could custom paint a set and install it at the national meet. Purple, Orange, Pink or college colors!

BUT, we'd have to know quickly!!!! We'd work out a price but it would be cheaper than I've heard others have paid, and proceeds will go to a good cause, tbd.

Cheers, Bob

· Premium Member
695 Posts
OK, how about specifics??

will trade you for white.
We have panels in four colors other than white, (black, yellow, blue and silver) and will consider painting special colors at a price tbd ... but ONLY if we can get a commitment underway in time.

Let us know what you're looking for, and we can discuss. A deposit will hold one of the panel sets.

Cheers, Bob in KC
816-943-0060
btw - does anyone out there have a red set to sell?

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Panel swap at the Nationals - Times a wastin'

Remember, we have black, white, silver, blue and maybe yellow to exchange.

Only $500 in KC during the activities.

send me a PM.

Cheers and see ya there!

· Premium Member
695 Posts
I still have white, blue, silver, and two black sets with almost complete metallic dark grey. I do have some extra white, red and black, but not the specific panels requested.

I was willing to do some deals at the Nationals in KC, but my investment cost and shipping work against getting them elsewhere easily. Obviously, I'm not going to break up a good set to take care of someone's problem, but could help with exchanges if some one has damage and wants to exchange a partial set at a substantial saving over what the dealer will charge.

Cheers, Bob in KC

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Forest and GetS, for obvious reasons, the front panels are in short supply in the used market, and especially the front center since it's linked to ALL the front bumps and crunches. Saw an inventory sheet from Smart USA, and they had the same supply situation.

Cheers, Bob

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Any of the 451s imported to the US 2007 to present will swap. Where are you? I will do a drive from KC to Jacksonville, FL in October, and might be able to deliver. I have a mis-matched set able to be painted, etc.

Also, we are offering to take bids on a custom painted set for exchange with the proceeds to the local Dentistry college Children's Orthodontic project.

Cheers, Bob in KC

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Heck, we're only about 4 hours apart. Let's talk about us painting your custom color, and we also are partnered with a top powder coating group and could do coordinated wheels to suit. Note the yellow wheels on my car.

We're doing a bargain rate on swapping for the sets we have in stock and have some young guys experienced in doing the install. Only $650 if yours are in good shape. This is a limited time offer, and mainly to make some college money for young guys.

We could negotiate on special painting, but I guarantee that it would be about half of what smartUSA is charging for their program.

What color are your panels? We have Black, White, Blue and Silver in stock.

Cheers, Bob

· Premium Member
695 Posts
This thread is mainly concerned with the ten colored decorative body panels. The part that you describe should be identifieable by your dealer's parts department and hopefully easy (and cheap??) to order.

Good luck!

Bob in KC

· Premium Member
695 Posts
What do you really want, buddy?

someone side swiped my car...I need one passenger side door panel in gray metallic, PM as soon as you can...need to fix my car up as I got a heavy date coming up, need to impress ;)
I sent you a PM over a month ago, and got erratic responses. I offered you a pristine, low mileage panel for $100 exchange with you paying postage both ways.

You were slow in responding and seemed clueless about shipping, so I checked out the rates, and even collected some light foam bits to make a custom package that would survive two trips half way across the country. You pled poverty being a student, and I was sympathetic so offered you a minimal cost, expecting to be able to get it to you for about $150 ... half what it would cost from a dealer.

That was three weeks ago and I got no reply from the PM I sent.

Now you're looking again ... for what? A Christmas gift? An Obama stimulus grant?

I'm confused.

Bob in KCMO

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Want to buy in LA NOW - Red/Yellow panel sets

WANTED TO BUY IN LA - NOW!!
COMPLETE RED OR YELLOW BODY PANEL SETS
----------------
We're actually in Kansas City, but have a friend visiting Los Angeles the first two weeks of April with space in his race car trailer. He will pick up during this time.

My visiting friend and I both work with youth charities, and our KC smart group currently has sets of white, blue, black, silver and a few partial sets. We could use these colors. We swap them to make money for some well trained young men who do the installations, and the extra proceeds go to the University of Missouri Dental School Pediatric Orthodontic charity.

If you have extra panels clogging your space, we'll give you a fair price, and put them to good use.

We could also use ANY partial sets, even slightly cracked or scuffed. We make up custom painted sets also.

Thanks, Bob Storck, KCMO
816-943-0060
(we'd also consider panels on the way back to KC)

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Blue LF

I have a slightly scuffed metallic blue left front quarter-panel. I'm in Michigan-are you interested? I have a bike box I could ship it in.
Andy
Hi Andy
Thank you for your kind offer, and I've been spending the time since checking if I know anyone coming this way from Detroit. Obviously, shipping cost is based on size rather than weight, creating the cost issue.

We'd love to have your scuffed panel if it could be reworked well enough to be repainted a custom color AND we can get it here without costing a too much. Once we get all ten pieces, we'd auction them off for the UMKC Pediatric Orthodontic fund. We auctioned off the last one for over $2000 which wound up painted in school colors.

So, if you find anyone coming this way, let me know, and I'll check as well. It's too expensive for the freight but it MIGHT be small enough to be boxed for mail. I know doors are too big. Let's double check their limits and costs.

It's easier to communicate directly at [email protected].

I hope it's not in the way.

Thanks and Cheers, Bob in KCMO
btw - were you the guy with a set of red panels for sale?

· Premium Member
695 Posts
I happen to have the black panels you need in Kansas City. Be careful of hidden damage though as there is a front panel that attaches to those pieces, and a plastic structural member underneath that supports most of the front body and components. (and possibly more) I'd suggest having an experienced body shop check these out before settling.

Contact me via PM or at [email protected] to discuss.

Cheers, Bob in KC

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Wanted blue tail gate panel 09 passion also looking for driverside rear finder in black!

Thanks,
Jake
Hello Jake,

I'd like to help you, but for some reason have not heard back from PM. Sending this just in case.

As mentioned, I have both pieces in VG shape, and will be through Dayton on Monday. Will be packing my smart tomorrow, and need to know if you really want them. It will be $75-100 more to ship them and I won't be back for a couple weeks.

Please respond quickly.

Cheers, Bob in KCMO

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Dark grey metallic panel set in MN - Looking for

I had exchanged notes with someone who has a set of dark grey panels, perhaps in St. Cloud, MN. This was a year or so ago.

I will be in the area with a truck in August, and would like to make an offer.

Cheers, Bob in Kansas City
816-943-0060

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Have you checked UPS rates? maybe each piece separately wrapped in bubble wrap with a shipping label? I have a UPS friend/driver that tells me that body panels are shipped that way everyday. Just a thought.
The dimensions are what costs. Weight is negligible.

Sent two fenders KC>NC. Cost $125 with a manufacturer's discount.

Cheers, Bob

1 - 20 of 36 Posts