Smart Car of America Forum banner

201 - 220 of 771 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Blue panels for partal swap

I have a black/blue 451 model in Portland Oregon. They are not mint, but after driving are any? I am hoping to find anyone with black interested in switching out, but I'd consider almost any color just for the novelty value.

Ideally I'd love to make the whole rear of my car black.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Blue panels for 2009, 451 for sale. 2 weeks old from time I purchased car new and swapped out. Mint condition. $675.00 US, Shelbyville IL. Will not ship by commercial carrier, will consider personal transportation with agreement.

PRICE REDUCED,kids need new shoes.$475.00

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am still looking for black panels in or around the Kansas City area. I may even consider farther if the cost is fairly reasonable. I am really in need of a pair of doors first and foremost but will consider any part or whole. PM me with what ever you might have.

Thanks,
Andy "Sr Swatch"

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
I am still looking for black panels in or around the Kansas City area. I may even consider farther if the cost is fairly reasonable. I am really in need of a pair of doors first and foremost but will consider any part or whole. PM me with what ever you might have.

Thanks,
Andy "Sr Swatch"
WHAT? Tired of feeling like you're 'behind the 8 ball'?

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
08 metallic red panel set for sale. These were on my car for 7 months. They have the 3m clear rock chip protectant on the hood and front of front fenders. Also have a snazzy 3 part racing stripe off center front and rear.

Make an offer!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hmmm, I've already got Rally Red, so probably dont need another shade of red... Lol. I did like the look of the 08 red though.

What I really want is yellow! You dont also happen to have a yellow set stashed, do you Suze? ;)

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Hmmm, I've already got Rally Red, so probably dont need another shade of red... Lol. I did like the look of the 08 red though.

What I really want is yellow! You dont also happen to have a yellow set stashed, do you Suze? ;)
No, I don't have a stashed yellow set, BUT I know who does! and I know how to get a set painted any color you like.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No, I don't have a stashed yellow set, BUT I know who does! and I know how to get a set painted any color you like.
Do tell! I really liked the 08 yellow. Getting a set painted yellow is always an option, but painting tends to (that I've seen) cost too much to really make it worth it, when a set of new from the dealership is 900 or so.

Sadly, someone dinged my rear bumper a few weeks back, so now the panels I have arent quite 'perfect'. Grrr....

·
Registered
405 Posts
WHAT? Tired of feeling like you're 'behind the 8 ball'?
I should be getting a new set of wheels in a couple of weeks and I want to change up the car to match. Also this years costume party is coming up and I can't take my car to it in a costume that is so last year.... come on man catch up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Belleveu1, odd, I didnt get your message.

But this could be interesting! I wonder if we can come up with someone that has yellow that wants whatever your panels are? Or extend that out further, even. Lol, we could all find a roomy parking lot and have a big round robin panel exchange. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
hi folks,

has anyone found a successful way to ship panels across states?

thanks
I shipped my second panel set that I purchased in southern California up to Idaho using UPS Ground. I packaged them myself in 2 large boxes and it cost about $300 to ship (this was 3 years ago).

Tom

·
Registered
107 Posts
So, I've heard from driven2succeed about some yellow panels, so may be looking to part with my Rally Red more quickly than I'd figured. Belleveu1, I'll send you a PM about this as well.

How big of a project have people found the panel swaps to be? Is this the sort of thing that a couple people might be able to zip through in an afternoon?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
blue panels

HI,

I am looking to buy, outright, blue panels for '09. Particularly I am looking for doors and rear but it may be cheaper in the long run to buy a complete set. I am located in between Philly and Allentown, Pa. Dealers want $900-$1000 to be picked up. I was hoping to save some $ with a used set. I'll pay $25 finders fee for the right deal. thanks for any help.

I am also looking for oem horns you may have sitting around. I will cover your shipping if you want them to go to good home. Also promise not to resell them in anyway - just use them on my own Smarts. thanks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Fastturb,

My panels are blue and '09. I have no idea of how much it would cost to ship to PA.

I'm involved in a deal to get red and so the blue would be available.

I'm in the Seattle area - probably a bit of a drive for you......

·
Registered
107 Posts
Haha, this is all trying to come together.

If I do get these yellow, they will be shipped to me having been repacked in the factory shipping cartons. Belleveu1, if that happens, and you do get my red set, then you are welcome to the packing to facilitate moving your own set.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
OK fingers crossed

this is what it looks like for me to get blue panels:

DRIVEN2SUCCEED - Yellow Panels ---> DOVIENYA - Red Panels ---> BELLEVUE1 - Blue Panels ---> FASSTURB (me!)

let me know how much and if I can do anything.

Babybenz, if you have horns please let me know via PM. thanks.

regards to all

·
Registered
107 Posts
fastturb,

Well, I have just been made painfully aware of how much shipping can run for things like this! It sounds like all of the panels go into 4 packages that are very light, but fairly big. About 1' by 4' by 5'. I just called FedEx to see what their rate would be. Apparently for FedEx Freight service, that would be $629 PER each of the 4 packages from Indiana to Portland OR.

Needless to say, that wont happen. Seeing as you may be looking at needing freight from WA to PA if this all turns out as well, I'd be happy to hear if you know of any freight companies that are inexpensive. To me, 4 big (yet light) boxes seems more like it should be in the $150-$200 range...

201 - 220 of 771 Posts