Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 778 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Has anyone looked into shipping costs for this?
I shipped my second panel set for my 450 model from California to Idaho using UPS ground, using 2 large boxes (1 for the fenders, and 1 flatter one for the doors, front and back panels). The cost was $300.

Tom

·
Registered
25 Posts
want to buy panels

I'm in central Florida and am looking for white or any color panels to buy. I'm going to paint them. My 2008 Passion is yellow, but I'm not interested in trading.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Good morning all!
Does anyone know where I can get a guide or "how to" on how to safely remove the panels on my smart? I am not a mechanic and I don't want to just start ripping them off the car.
It is a bit annoying that smartUSA promotes the removal and swaping of all the panels then really doesn't offer assistance with how...
I want to remove my driver side front panel to get to the horn, but I want to do it the "right" way to ensure nothing breaks in the process.
Any suggestions where I can start???
Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
545 Posts
Drivers Side Front Panel (removal?)

Still not convinced completely with the effectiveness of the fanfare horn... I purchased both, the OEM Fanfare horn and the super loud air horn which I think would be more effective where i live (we have about 2 accidents a day where truckers smash cars when they merge carelessly.)

I want to put in the an air horn when the car arrives. The dealer won't touch the air horn because it is non-OEM. I have seen the suggestions for the install of the horn, but I don't want to break anything and fear I might get started and not have a tool I may need. I have never done anything like this before. The last horn I installed was accessable when you opened the hood, it took seconds to swap out. The smart appears it will be a challenge since the dealer refuses to help me. I wish there was a "how to" guide to remove the panels, you think they would provide one since they tout the removal of the panels in almost everything they market on the smart. It almost seems they intentionally want us to try and break something. Gerrr.... Any suggestions? Does anyone plan on removing the panels, if you do I am sure we would all appreciate (maybe even pay for) a step by step "how to" with photos of the process. Where the screws and clips are to include any warnings along the way. Even a list of tools that will be needed / recommended... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
08 smartcar with blue panels to trade for WHITE

Blue metallic color panels for sale $750 or BEST OFFER. The dealer charges $1000 plus tax. I live in Tulsa, OK. If interested, please call:
918-493-1489.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tulsa, OK 451 Smart Owers w/WHITE body panels

For sell: Metallic BLUE body panels for $750 or BEST OFFER. The BLUE body panels cost $1000.00 plus tax from dealership. Please call me at: 918-493-1489

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yellow 451 Panels

I just bought a yellow cab and the dealer switched it to silver prior to me picking up the car. I have a set of yellow panels that have 10 miles on them. I would love to sell them. If interested, please call me at 978-430-4001 or send me a PM. I'm located on the north shore of Mass.

Thanks! Trey

UPDATE: Thanks to all who have contacted me to buy these panels. After spending the better part of a day exploring shipping options, I would like to find someone 'local' who could use these panels. They are wrapped in the plastic that my new panels came in, however, the wooden crate was not saved by the dealership. The cost of crating, freight, and insurance prohibits shipping these (IMHO). They are currently safely stored in RI. Happy to deliver them within a 100 miles or so. TB

·
Registered
599 Posts
I want to buy your black panels!

Please PM me if you have an extra set of black panels, I'd like to purchase some. Thanks to all in advance

·
Banned
629 Posts
I just bought a yellow cab and the dealer switched it to silver prior to me picking up the car. I have a set of yellow panels that have 10 miles on them. I would love to sell them. If interested, please call me at 978-430-4001 or send me a PM. I'm located on the north shore of Mass.

Thanks! Trey

UPDATE: Thanks to all who have contacted me to buy these panels. After spending the better part of a day exploring shipping options, I would like to find someone 'local' who could use these panels. They are wrapped in the plastic that my new panels came in, however, the wooden crate was not saved by the dealership. The cost of crating, freight, and insurance prohibits shipping these (IMHO). They are currently safely stored in RI. Happy to deliver them within a 100 miles or so. TB
UPS will packand ship them for you. If the buyer wants to pay shipping and stuff ... let 'em! :-D

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Meat, Trey went to the UPS store and they were baffled. The dimensions are crazy.

Another SMART BLUNDER. Advertize interchangeable panels and make them impossible to ship. Also, there is a large breakage rate in panels coming from Germany.

Meaux :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would like to buy panels from anyone in the Illinois/Indiana area who does not wish to store thier extra panels. I would prefer White or Yellow or Black.
I will pick them up.

Thank you,

Meaux :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
panel cost

Orlando dealer wants $899 for a set of new plastic colored panels and $1,099 for a painted set. Is this the going price?

21 - 40 of 778 Posts