Smart Car of America Forum banner
781 - 800 of 802 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Seen some nice wrapping job on Tesla, + some other cars. It is not cheap if entire car body gets wrapped. Tesla was ~ $2400, it sure looked great. Problem is when film gets scratched. Smart Car in black/ read/ white on 451 models had solid color not just a paint job, something to consider.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
New to the site. Has anyone considered “wrapping” the body panels? I’ve seen some pretty cool cars that have been wrapped. Almost an infinite selection of colors too!
Wrapping is same or even more expensive that getting panels, and it won't last as a set of panels, nor can be swapped if you change your mind. I have the black panels I've looking for. :D

·
Super Moderator
17,738 Posts
Wrapping is same or even more expensive that getting panels, and it won't last as a set of panels, nor can be swapped if you change your mind. I have the black panels I've looking for. :D
What are you doing with your old white panels? I've been looking for a new set of panels locally for some months without luck. You're relatively close to me!

Reactions: Jossejagguar

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just a thought…when I bought my new (to me) 453, the front bumper and driver’s door has some nicks and whatnot, I bought them directly from Mercedes painted mind you for $375.00. They gave me a little bit of a discount, but even full price they were like $450.

·
Registered
299 Posts
trade for yellow panel set, or buy numeric-blue panel set

I would be willing to trade either my starlight blue or my phat red panel set for a yellow panel set. Or I would be willing to buy or trade up for a numeric-blue panel set. This is for a 2002-2006 smart coupe. I am located in Boise, Idaho. Both of my panel sets are in excellent condition.

Tom
Idahosmart, Why aren't you interested in my new tailgate panel for a 450 coupe? See my post.
Thanks, sykes

781 - 800 of 802 Posts