Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went ahead and purchased the whole body kit from S-mannn for my 451. I reached out to Smart Madness for an install and they want close to $1000 to install it. I looked on evilution and it looked pretty simple to install myself.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an affordable body kit adhesive? I'm based out of Los Angeles, California - so nothing that is only sold in europe or etc.

Thank you.

·
Registered
695 Posts
My body kit came with adhesive made in Germany . BUT a good body shop could direct you to a proper adhesive that’s available to jobbers . Beg and be nice and they may sell you some .

I forgot that there also was thin 1/8”3M double sided body tape included , so the combo of tape and adhesive was used as in the directions .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My body kit came with adhesive made in Germany . BUT a good body shop could direct you to a proper adhesive that’s available to jobbers . Beg and be nice and they may sell you some .

I forgot that there also was thin 1/8”3M double sided body tape included , so the combo of tape and adhesive was used as in the directions .
I was thinking Goop along with the double sided tape, but Goop is a lot more runny looking than what they used in the photos on evilution. I spent $1400 so I wanna make sure I get it as perfect as I can.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...the installation says " easy bolt on "...
...where is it glued on???..

Jetfuel...???
Need to glue vents on. As well as you're supposed to glue the s-mann skirts to the OEM ones. Same with s-mann spoiler.

They get shipped out tomorrow, I'm so excited. Still looking for proper adhesive to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts