Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Boesch built center SS exhaust finally gave up the ghost - well the flex pipe did. I have a fabricator who says he can replace it (he will plasma cut off the old flex pipe and using a jig weld up a new one). I just need to know the flex pipe size - anyone have any ideas ? I got three years out of this one but since i am planning to sell my smart I don’t want to give someone a problem either. Anyone have any suggestions , I think the exhaust Matt built was pretty awesome the welds are rock solid it is just that the flex pipe let go behind the flange so just a bad design by the component manufacturer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing I did was reach out to Matt, I was told they no longer make them. I asked what the size of the flex pipe they used was and never got an answer. Sort of unfortunate since he was very responsive and helpful when I bought it and the Cold Air Intake. I am guessing it might be a 2.25/2.5 x 6” braided flex pipe. ?

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
First thing I did was reach out to Matt, I was told they no longer make them. I asked what the size of the flex pipe they used was and never got an answer. Sort of unfortunate since he was very responsive and helpful when I bought it and the Cold Air Intake. I am guessing it might be a 2.25/2.5 x 6” braided flex pipe. ?
I know they don’t make them anymore. Matt and his wife are really nice people. Seem like he could told you flex pipe size.
I’d run the part by a muffler shop. They could tell you.

·
17,478 Posts
Yeah, other people with this exhaust did the same thing and contacted them. They probably have too much work to support discontinued products. That said, his exhaust really isn't that bespoke. Any muffler shop should be able to replace the flex pipe for cheap. That would probably be much cheaper than shipping it to him, anyway. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts