Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I got one that I am using. And will never, ever get rid of.

But I just got a second smart and need another, so add me to the list?

·
Registered
412 Posts
How come nobody wanted these back when they were in production?!!! Ha Ha! Sorry I am not bringing them back guys, they were tough to make, I had to throw half of the glass pieces away because of scratching and I only ended up selling about 40 of them anyway.

P.S. I think this may be the last batch of armrests and shifter paddles so speak now or forever hold your piece.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I just bought your Jeep key ring, Matt. My wife loves it!! Thanks. There were several other key rings for auction, but when I saw you made this one I bought it. Oh, yeah. I have your mirror also. It's great even though I had to modify it to fit in my 450.

·
Registered
412 Posts
We won't be doing any more rallies and shows. After Colorado and North Carolina last year we decided they are just too much preparation for us. Our volume has gotten to be so much on a day to day basis that it's all I can do to just keep up with that. Plus, we are moving our shop this summer so that will be our main focus for awhile.

As of now we are no longer focusing on Smart Cars, there just doesn't seem to be the same level of excitement as there was in the good ol' days. We will continue to make the intakes, exhausts and keychains. We also are going to start working on a stock replacement exhaust because it looks like a bunch of the stock ones are starting to wear out.

If they ever come out with a new smart car we will probably dive back in head first!

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Thanks Matt - just hang in there and you should see the new 453 fortwo later this year (in Europe) and next year in North America. :)

·
17,350 Posts
P.S. I think this may be the last batch of armrests and shifter paddles so speak now or forever hold your piece.
Speaking up about shifter paddles! I've been wanting them forever, but put off the investment because my car was originally a lease vehicle.

Maybe that excitement will return with the 453. :)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How come nobody wanted these back when they were in production?
Couldn't afford one then; I can now.

Ordered tonight via eBay Store, powder-coated black if you please.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts