Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our next club event for the smart car club of Idaho will be the Boise Holiday Parade on November 29, 2008. So far I have 3 smart cars signed up, but I would like to have as many as possible! So if you can participate with your smart car, let me know by the end of October, as the registration deadline is November 4. You can PM me or E-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks...Tom

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a great idea! How do the smarts do in Idaho Snow?
The smart car does quite well in snow. This is our third winter for our smart, and I have driven it through quite a bit of snow, and icy roads. I generally compare it to how the old VW bugs handled on the snow, as the weight is all on the drive train, but its better than the old bugs due to ABS and traction control. With snow tires, the snow-going would be even better. I still run year-around with the stock summer tires.

Tom

·
Registered
115 Posts
I almost laughed my butt off at the parade pictures! Please tell me that you guys were doing circles on the road like the little clown cars do!!!! I think its awesome and can't wait to get my smartie to show off when it gets here.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, we were driving in circles and figure eights on the parade route. We should have practiced before hand though so that we would have been a little more organized like the shriners in their go-carts. It was a blast doing this on the parade route, as no other cars could do it.

The news anchor that interviewed me is about 6' 4", and I told him that he would fit fine, we just didn't have time to prove it during the parade.

Tom

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a few more clips from the parade also on youtube, a good one filmed from inside one of the smart cars is here:

This was at the end of the parade route, where the red 2008 cabrio with the sled on the back bounced the sled off when it was crossing the rutted pavement.

Tom

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am querying the members to see who want to do it again. I may not be able to make it myself though.

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts