Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone here would be able to help me doing it or finding the parts to do it.. i know that i can get 2 piece adapters but i dont like that idea because is will be a thick adapter 30-40mm and the fact that there is so much more wheel choice with 4x100

·
Registered
195 Posts
The only one available that I've read here on the boards is for the 5x? to put the MB wheels on. Pointless and heavy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spacers don't have to be 30 or 40mm. 20mm is also possible.
I saw some for sale a few weeks ago: Smart 450,451 & 452 wiel adapter's naar 4*100 - Te koop | 2dehands.be
These are from Belgium, and the front spacers are 20mm, rear is 55mm.
I calculated the extra offset for the wheels I wanted to use compared to the original smart wheels. On the rear it fits quite good for me. And on the front it has about 30mm more offset to the outside and also something like this for the inside (wheels are 6 inch wide, et value 38). Because the diameter of these wheels are smaller they dont fit over the brake caliper.. But if you have 15 inch or larger they should fit.
And these spacers don't look very safe, but the owner said they are. He mounted these on a roadster and drove with them on a race track

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spacers don't have to be 30 or 40mm. 20mm is also possible.
I saw some for sale a few weeks ago: Smart 450,451 & 452 wiel adapter's naar 4*100 - Te koop | 2dehands.be
These are from Belgium, and the front spacers are 20mm, rear is 55mm.
I calculated the extra offset for the wheels I wanted to use compared to the original smart wheels. On the rear it fits quite good for me. And on the front it has about 30mm more offset to the outside and also something like this for the inside (wheels are 6 inch wide, et value 38). Because the diameter of these wheels are smaller they dont fit over the brake caliper.. But if you have 15 inch or larger they should fit.
And these spacers don't look very safe, but the owner said they are. He mounted these on a roadster and drove with them on a race track
looks dangerous to me just looking at the pictures of the spacers .. some of the holes are just too close to make it a safe option ..

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Smart wheels aren't to bad as they are and you can play around with what's available. My plan is using the smart genius front wheels at 5.5" weighing only 13lbs. Checking the specs of the tires help as well to find the lightest. The new falken 950 195/50/15 tires weigh 17.6lbs but others have been as high as 20-21 lbs. In the 185/55/15 the toyo T1R are 16lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts