Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally found some spare cash to get it.. ( autoanything.com with 10% "new customer" discount and free shipping - $640 total ) and my smartcar finally sounds like a car :) I disagree that is "too loud" as some other posts pointed out - maybe a tad with the top down, but in full convertible it doesn't bother me a bit. After computer reset (unhook battery for 10 minutes) definite improvement in performance, the combination of the cold-air intake and this exhaust makes the car real fun to drive. I catch myself often getting out of it with a huge grin on my face (which of course causes ridicule fountain from my bmw-driving wife).
Before I reset the computer the mileage definitely got worse (!), but once reset- smart got smarter and it's above 40mpg again... even though the sweet sound makes me sometimes rev it a bit higher than you'll normally would if you cared for good mileage...
Definite a must-do-upgrade if you want to have fun with it.
To mount the screws back onto the engine block is a major PITA, make sure you've various extensions for your wrenches, there is not much room !

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Glad you like your exhaust. It does make a difference and it does make it sound like a car. The heads turn every time I drive thru my University.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about a sound clip?
well - it's in the high 80's here in Jersey so it's either top-down with full A/C (= not good recording) or top - down ( = even worse recording ) :(
I guess I could record a startup + parked sounds. will put it up later tonight ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats on your Borla Split tip! It looks great! I love the Borla center outlet system thats on my Pure... The Borla systems do sound great... Especially as the car shifts through the gears. :cool:... Best of luck with your Cabrio.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
Really looks great. Anybody know if a trailer hitch can be accommodated with this exhaust?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts