Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum as well as the Smart family. I wasn't planning on buying a ForTwo Passion but came across a 2014 model with 71 (yes, 71 miles). It was purchased as part of a fleet for Car2Go but sat in storage for years undriven. I paid $6,800 (Sept 2019) and it's mint / brand new condition. Do you think I paid a fair price for it?

Second part to this and would love your advice. I have a Smart dealer nearby and they were able to update the SAM computer firmware and check it out (no issues / brand new car even though it's a 2014 model). Because it has under 500 miles, the dealer offered a 10 yr 100,000 mile warranty on it (through 2029). Bumper to bumper - covers almost anything that goes wrong with it the next 10 yrs. Was it smart to purchase this as well since Smart is not being sold in the US any longer and even 1 repair could get costly?

Thanks again for the advice and glad to be part of the extended Smart family.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Damn dude, that's awesome, you got a brand new car with 10yr warranty for half the price of the cheapest new cars you can but these days. That's amazing. I'm peanut butter jealous
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum as well as the Smart family. I wasn't planning on buying a ForTwo Passion but came across a 2014 model with 71 (yes, 71 miles). It was purchased as part of a fleet for Car2Go but sat in storage for years undriven. I paid $6,800 (Sept 2019) and it's mint / brand new condition. Do you think I paid a fair price for it?

Second part to this and would love your advice. I have a Smart dealer nearby and they were able to update the SAM computer firmware and check it out (no issues / brand new car even though it's a 2014 model). Because it has under 500 miles, the dealer offered a 10 yr 100,000 mile warranty on it (through 2029). Bumper to bumper - covers almost anything that goes wrong with it the next 10 yrs. Was it smart to purchase this as well since Smart is not being sold in the US any longer and even 1 repair could get costly?

Thanks again for the advice and glad to be part of the extended Smart family.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fantastic! They're mechanically quite conventional, and I can't see spares support being an issue in the forseeable future, so it looks as if you've pulled a blinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts