Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! :)

Is it a former car2go car? They had some extra equipment that was removed before they were sold off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to SCoA! :)

Is it a former car2go car? They had some extra equipment that was removed before they were sold off.
Interesting question. I don't know. Never even heard of Car2Go but looking it up that makes sense because there were also 2 holes in the extreme front of the drivers side dashboard. Looking at some Car2Go pics it looks like some device is located there. Excellent clue. Thanks for the help. Now I want to figure out how to get those wires out safely without affecting any electronics.

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can just cut off the portion sticking out of the dash and shove the remaining bit down in the holes. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I bought my 2013 is it was a Car2Go, just like yours. There was an empty spot where a radio should be and a ton of wires, including a thing on the inside of the windshield. I have the same two holes you are talking about on the dash. I had a stereo put in at a car audio place and had them remove all that stuff and put in a stereo. They charged me an extra $100 to pull it all out because they had to take off the door skin. Well worth it since I don't know anything about electronics and didn't want to mess anything up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts