Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wtb bra for brabus model

I have been researching bras which are available, but nobody seems to make one that fits the brabus model. Does anyone know of a provider for these? Covercraft (colgan and lebra) are looking into making one, but said it may be about 90 days before they are available.

I believe the 2009 and 2014 brabus nose may be identical...???

Thanks

Hardybob

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have info on a vendor who has a bra that fits the brabus model? I have been researching online and talked to covercraft (colgan and lebra mfr). They have fitments for smarts to 2012, and will look into making one for the brabus but will be about 90 days before available.

Any help appreciated. Maybe european vendor?

Hardybob

·
Registered
206 Posts
I haven't seen one but I'll be watching this closely. I may end up doing plastidip on the lower front panel. Rocks are ALWAYS going to be an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is what is on my 2013 Smart I purchased it from Carid.com

Smart Car Fortwo Electric Drive / Passion / Passion Cabrio / Pure 2012, Carbon Fiber Original Bra with 2-Piece Design (BC4177CF) by Colgan Custom®. Keep your hood always safe from external hazards..

also got the mirror covers too

Smart Car Fortwo Electric Drive / Passion / Passion Cabrio / Pure 2012, Carbon Fiber Mirror Bra (BM3919CF) by Colgan Custom®. At critical areas, prevents wear-thru and protects finish. Strengthens,..

Duane

·
17,350 Posts
I'd be interested in one of those clear bras things. The harsh roads of Illinois are chipping away at my front panels.

How are you supposed to open the service flap???

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have the same bra with the optional mirror covers, that I acquired from Smartmadness. If your state requires a front license plate, by placing the lower portion of the bra in the sun for about 30-45 minutes, you can then stretch it over your front license plate. I would suggest removing the frame. You can also remove the license plate attaching plate, install the bra, and re-attach it, but you will have to remove it everytime you want to remove the bra. My lower bra does collect some debris under the lower portions, so removal and a good vacuuming is a good idea every few months. When you wash the car or drive in the rain, some water will also get trapped. I take it off if I know I will be driving in the rain. I don't want the paint to water spot. A bra for the Brabus might have to be custom made. Some local upholstery shops may be able to do this for you.

·
17,350 Posts
Looks like a 2 pc cover to me...Flap has it's own separate cover.
I know that. I was looking at how it covers the service flap latches...which come out pretty far on the 2013s and newer.

Looks like one would have to unhook the bra, which shouldn't be a pain though.

So, this won't fit Brabus?
It looks like it'll easily stretch over Brabus parts. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pics and info. Looks like a good enough fit for the 2013/2014 passion that my friend has. Will pass along to him. Covercraft said they are sending the brabus info to their engineers to see if they will make one to fit. Will be atleast 90 days before we know.

Hardybob

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For those interested, this does fit the brabus with very minor modification on the bottom hooks. I will be using mine for towing behind my motorhome.

Hardybob
2014 brabus

·
Registered
6 Posts
It opens as normal and it is a two piece, I only put it on long hwy trips. Just put 1,900 round trip from Sedona AZ to Ok city.

It also may help with radar, as I saw a patrol man standing by the road who kept shooting me and looking at the meter 4 times. Like it was not reading, I had it on cruise control at 77 so I didn't care. I asked a friend of mine retired hwy patrol and said it probably did not reflect back a true signal, by reducing it's frontal size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what is on my 2013 Smart I purchased it from Carid.com

Smart Car Fortwo Electric Drive / Passion / Passion Cabrio / Pure 2012, Carbon Fiber Original Bra with 2-Piece Design (BC4177CF) by Colgan Custom®. Keep your hood always safe from external hazards..

also got the mirror covers too

Smart Car Fortwo Electric Drive / Passion / Passion Cabrio / Pure 2012, Carbon Fiber Mirror Bra (BM3919CF) by Colgan Custom®. At critical areas, prevents wear-thru and protects finish. Strengthens,..

Duane
I tried the website they said its not available yet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts