Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
We installed this set on my wife's cabrio and it has made a world of difference. Unfortunately, we paid a whole lot more for it a couple of years ago. At this price, I can't imagine a better upgrade for a smart.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I placed my order with Flying Tiger for the Brabus Suspension BLACK Friday sale.

Actually placed the order late Wed evening 11/27.

Flying Tiger shipped the parts on Thurs 11/28 (Canada Post Expedited Foriegn Delivery)
Expected Delivery of 12/3

I tracked the package from Richmond, BC to Vancouver, BC to San Francisco, CA.

And then it disappeared off the face of the earth.

Called both Canada Post and USPS to find out what happened?

Finally got a call back today (12/6) from US Customs in San Fran.
"We are holding your package pending investigation"

INVESTIGATION OF WHAT?

"We have to make sure there are no prohibited or controlled substances in the package"

IT'S TWO SHOCKS, TWO STRUTS, Springs and mounting hardware? What could possibly be prohibited?

"Well, we won't know that until we actually open the package and inspect it?"

SO, what's the problem?

"Do we have your permission to open the package and inspect the contents?"

%&**%& YES, OPEN IT ! ! !

"It contains four cylinders, springs and nuts and bolts?"

I KNEW THAT!

"OK, so nothing prohibited, we will reseal the package and sent it out first thing MONDAY"

WHY NOT RIGHT NOW?

"OH, the Postal Service only comes in the morning and the already picked up for the day, and they don't pick up on weekends"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
AND WE PAY TAXES TO SUPPORT MORONS LIKE THIS?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Phone # for customs?

Do you have the phone number for customs? I ordered the same kit and it shows that it is in San Fran for the past couple of days. How easy was it to install? Thanks. Eric

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
I ordered the suspension and received it right away but the box looked like it had been through a war. Looked like it had been opened and resealed as well. Bought it for my next smart.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Frustrated!

Well the USPS delievered the package on Sunday! When I opened it up, I noticed that something was missing! There were only TWO springs in it - one for the front and one for the rear. I didn't know if there was a parts kit or not - didn't have time to inspect the whole package before work. I will check in the morning. I will have to call US Customs to see if they "Misplaced" the missing parts or if they were never shipped. BTW - the packaging sucked. A large plastic wrapper from home insulation and some bubble wrap - really?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
My packaging was a big MB box, w/bubble wrap.

Every component was individually wrapped in it's own bag as well.

Parts list should be

2 front springs (short)
2 rear springs (long)
2 front struts
2 rear shocks

Total of 8 pieces?

Call Eddy at Flying Tiger to check if anything was sent separately?
Can't image it would be?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are these Brabus part numbers?

Rear shock 451 320 0731 x 2
Front strut 451 320 1131 x 2
There were no visible numbers on the springs.

From what I've seen online the shocks and springs are gray not black. This looks like I was sent the STOCK parts and not the Brabus ones!

Those that ordered from Flying Tiger, did you receive the same part numbers?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well the USPS delievered the package on Sunday! When I opened it up, I noticed that something was missing! There were only TWO springs in it - one for the front and one for the rear. I didn't know if there was a parts kit or not - didn't have time to inspect the whole package before work. I will check in the morning. I will have to call US Customs to see if they "Misplaced" the missing parts or if they were never shipped. BTW - the packaging sucked. A large plastic wrapper from home insulation and some bubble wrap - really?
So an ongoing issue with Flying Tiger. The parts I RECEIVED where not the Gray Brabus parts, but the STOCK black parts. After asking FT to submit the claim ( I was missing a front and rear spring!), they said I should send the parts back to them. My first mistake was to pay $95 for shipping to Canada. I should have asked for help with shipping. When they received the parts I sent out (WHAT I RECEIVED!!!), they said I was trying to commit fraud by sending them used parts!!! Mind you that the parts I RECEIVED were new without scratches from installing/removing and they are the same parts I sent back. Now I am out about $600 with no parts!

I would stay away from this SCAMMING outfit and let others know that you roll the dice when ordering from them.

BTW, I have a HIGH clearance with the GOV. so defrauding anyone would NOT be anything that I would ever think of doing.

Will try Canada Post/CC to refund some of my $$$.

Very frustrating indeed.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
If there is something wrong with an online order I place, the first thing I do is take pictures of the issue and then contact the seller.

I was sent an extra strut when I ordered the BRABUS suspension from FT. So they certainly do not always check what they are sending out.

Do you have photos of what FT sent you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts