Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of the four BRABUS Tailor Made Canada 1 cars that were built got together on Vancouver Island yesterday.

These are Canadian model 450 diesels that were built at Hambach and then immediately shipped to Bottrop Germany where BRABUS disassembled them and repainted them inside and out, made up the dyed-through leather and Alcantara interior trim, added all the BRABUS accessories and then sent them to Canada. Both these cars were leased by the Toronto Lamborghini dealer owner. When the cars came off lease, the white one had 335 km on it and the red one a tad over 800 km. My friend Keith and I bought them in January 2010.

These two cars were converted at BRABUS at the same time; the white one is mine and the red one is Keith's. The white one has the BRABUS sports suspension, OE cruise control and a "65 HP" remap. Keith will likely do that to his soon, although he has been talking about selling his on eBay.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Ron & I just met Mike & his wife and their very unique 450 Canada 1 Brabus Special Edition. It is a very unique and impressive car and I certainly hope it will garner some collector value in the future. You can Google 450 smart Car Canada 1 to learn about this special edition. There were only 4 made.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bob! I know this won't work for anyone in California, but Keith (smartzuum at CsC) may consider selling his Canada 1 coupe (the only one).

We are in Yreka CA tonight and should be north of Portland OR tomorrow. Headed home after a memorable trip! Thanks to you and Ron for the hospitality!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It was our pleasure to meet you & your wife. We hope you had an enjoyable & pleasurable visit in CA. That Canada 1 coupe would look good in your collection. Then you would have a brace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts