Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Think it's already been said that the US will not see a Brabus 453. And i have to say it doesn't bother me, not only because i already have a 453, but because it'd probably be nothing more than the 2009 "Brabus" was. suspension, wheels, and aesthetics. no performance boost whatsoever.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Go for a Tailor Made instead, at least get something unique....remappers in the USA and Canada will have BRABUS matched if not beaten for power output soon enough. Unless the European BRABUS involves a lot of internal engine strengthening, there will be no difference other than warranty.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
If that was to add to the conversation, it only says that it'd be coming to Europe. As the bottom line states "The other big question is, of course, is whether or not the Brabus-tuned ForTwo will be available in the U.S."

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
If anybody is seeking smart 453 performance, it's called "MADNESS EDITION."

I've been driving one for over 300 miles so far... all I get are other sport compact cars and other sports cars trying to challenge me everywhere I go.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
The only good thing about the Brabus 453 not coming to the USA is: I won't be tempted to trade Prieto in for the Brabus :D

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
As far as factory upgrades are concerned, it would be interesting to know whether smart and Renault will use the same approach as BMW. The various BMW power outputs of the same basic engine have very different internal parts. For example, the lowest power versions have cheaper pistons, less crankshaft treatment and so on. BMW is not alone in this, I just use it as an example.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Smells like a body kit and some badging...
as i said. just like the '09 Brabus was. body kit, performance suspension, Brabus floor mats, and badging (including a big "B" Brabus logo sticker on the fuel filler door that was ALWAYS falling off... that i eventually just gave up on (and the fact that it flew off on the highway once didn't help)).

·
Registered
430 Posts
Even if they did suspension tweaks, how would they "better" the already available sport package?

A true upgrade would be something like +15HP and Rear Disc brakes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Even if they did suspension tweaks, how would they "better" the already available sport package?

A true upgrade would be something like +15HP and Rear Disc brakes.
Honestly I would love to have the rear disk brakes but you forgot the torque! Let's get a more torque with that HP so the the Micra Cup Car (Nissan of Canada) has some more cup car rivals. But I got the 2016 Prime already so if anything the next gen should bring the U.S the Brabus trim as a Proxy replacement so the 4th gen would consider trading in for more updated refinement with the IIHS safely standard for that time period.

Remember the Smart won't even be the class of the IIHS without the optional automatic braking system for the 2016 year but it is still a safe car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts