Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
PS - guess Peter's original post was not so much false as it was......true.
...and premature. I wouldn't think SmartUSA would want information about new items - like Brabus - being announced on this broad a scale before the word is official.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Oh, I hate that word premature. :D

I guess my point is somebody posted in big black letters the info was false - it wasn't. And who knows what smart thinks about when this info was posted? :)

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
We are also getting two Brabus display cars - a coupe and a cabriolet at Smart Center Alexandria. Our cabriolet is due in November and our Coupe is scheduled for the end of January.
It is curious why smartusa would even bother to do this....afterall I bet by the time the demos show up in the showrooms, all of them will already be snatched up by current reservation holders!

(OF course, if the price tag is $30K....or the US bound Brabus does not have the turbo....I'll probably have to eat my words!) :p

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
It is curious why smartusa would even bother to do this....afterall I bet by the time the demos show up in the showrooms, all of them will already be snatched up by current reservation holders!

(OF course, if the price tag is $30K....or the US bound Brabus does not have the turbo....I'll probably have to eat my words!) :p
Afraid I may have to wish you: "bon appétit"... But, let's wait until a recipient of the "special offer" goes through the steps and can post. :wink:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Less than 1500 Brabus units. Black/Black or Silver/Silver. Only offered to current reservation holders, in order, who have NOT configured. The Brabus configuration widow will only be open for a short time to that reservation holder. A full line of Brabus accessories will be offered. NO TURBO

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Less than 1500 Brabus units. Black/Black or Silver/Silver. Only offered to current reservation holders, in order, who have NOT configured. The Brabus configuration widow will only be open for a short time to that reservation holder. A full line of Brabus accessories will be offered. NO TURBO
Where are you guys getting this info from? I didnt get an email and I usually do.

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
All current reservation holders who have not yet been invited to configure their vehicles will have the opportunity to request to convert their current reservation to a smart fortwo BRABUS model beginning Thursday evening at 5pm PST, October, 23, 2008. This special offer will only be available for a limited time, and only a limited quantity of BRABUS models will be available, so be sure to check your email on Thursday, October 23, 2008, for model information, pricing and reservation instructions
From what source are you getting this info?
Today is the 23rd so im curious to see if at 5pm today this will be an option.

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Also if this info is true...so the Brabus smart will have the rims, kit, interior accessories and all except it will have the same enginge and horsepower as the basic Smarts? Also what is the price range for the Brabus. If you can tell me this info and the source I would appreciate it.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Also if this info is true...so the Brabus smart will have the rims, kit, interior accessories and all except it will have the same enginge and horsepower as the basic Smarts? Also what is the price range for the Brabus. If you can tell me this info and the source I would appreciate it.
I think what is happening is if you hold a reservation you can configure a true blue Barabus, but if you dont you can buy all the accessories to make your smart look like one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got my email this morning from smart. If you dont have a reservation that HAS NOT configured you will not get the email. If you have already configured you are SOL.... no brabus for you.

I will be changing my reservation to a brabus.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
All current reservation holders who have not yet been invited to configure their vehicles will have the opportunity to request to convert their current reservation to a smart fortwo BRABUS model beginning Thursday evening at 5pm PST, October, 23, 2008. This special offer will only be available for a limited time, and only a limited quantity of BRABUS models will be available, so be sure to check your email on Thursday, October 23, 2008, for model information, pricing and reservation instructions
I can't help but wonder if they really mean ALL current reservation holders who have not been invited to configure.... (that is what it says!0

So, I reserved today # 1757

We will see if I get a chance to convert my rez to the Brabus!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts