Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In April I posted about my car being rear ended. The body shop says they can not fix the rear apron/valance/diffuser panel because it is too badly broken. The car is a 2009 451 Brabus. I have tried searching for it, and a member replying to the April post gave me a link to a Ebay post in Great Britain, but they have not responded to my inquiry about availability.
Anyone know of a used one from a car being parted?

I will make a post in classified as well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Try Autobahn used smart Car Parts at (619) 444-2290 or (858) 334-3219. Also check out e-bay motors & see if one is available. I have the same rear valance on mine which is a regular Passion with Brabus exhaust & rear valance fitted.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try Autobahn used smart Car Parts at (619) 444-2290 or (858) 334-3219. Also check out e-bay motors & see if one is available. I have the same rear valance on mine which is a regular Passion with Brabus exhaust & rear valance fitted.
Thanks Bob, I have tried both places without luck but I will give Autobahn another shout. A member has responded that his dad has one for sale; I contacted the dad, he told me the price and gave me a Paypal address for payment. I said I would send the money as soon as he sent a picture. No response yet.... suspicious.

I am not a Facebook member, could you check that path for me?
Denis

·
Premium Member
207 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was on www.edsmatparts.com this morning and saw this is in stock...

Yes, thank you. I had sent him an email early today asking if it was in stock. Still no reply, but its Sunday and most likely night time in Germany when I sent it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both Mailman and Laughing Crow told me about Ed Smart, I got a positive hit from them about being in stock. I have asked if they know if the European and US models fitted the same, seems like they would. I will keep y'all posted as to the outcome.

As I mentioned to Bob Rice Wasser above, Be wary of a Ryanbowden10 or Richard Bowden offering to buy anything, they may be the same person and they seem to be scamming. Richard told me the price and gave me a Paypal address for payment. I said I would send the money as soon as he sent a picture. No response since Sat. Also he said he was in Houston, but the email was sent from the area around Wichita, KS (every email carries with it the GPS coordinates of the IP address that sent the message). Very suspicious.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a short-term update; Ed Smart Parts sent me an email saying that MB use a different part number between Europe and US/Canada for the valance. I have asked my body shop to see if they can find out if the difference is in the mounting or appearance. If it is mounting then I will not be able to use it.
Does anyone know or have access to a way to find out. My MB dealer only wants to say it is out of production.....BTW, Ed Smart gets the parts directly from Brabus.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As a short-term update; Ed Smart Parts sent me an email saying that MB use a different part number between Europe and US/Canada for the valance. I have asked my body shop to see if they can find out if the difference is in the mounting or appearance. If it is mounting then I will not be able to use it.
Does anyone know or have access to a way to find out. My MB dealer only wants to say it is out of production.....BTW, Ed Smart gets the parts directly from Brabus.
Rear valance mounting points on US and Euro Smart cars are the same. You'll be ok.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you kong24680, Mailman and Laughing Crow for your info and links. Kane at Evilution asked for pictures of my old ones mounting points and he is going to see if he sees a difference. Mailman would like one for his 450 as well, so I will put in one order and he & I are going to share shipping. I have a email into Ed Smart asking about combining the packaging and what the shipping costs will be. Both kong24680 and Mailman have assured me the mounting will be the same.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As an update; I sent Kane. of Evilution fame. a few pictures of the mounting points of my damaged valance, asking him if he had a European Barbus to compare against. He did and they are the same, validating what Mailman and Kong25680 had said.
I ordered the European valance, plus one for Mailman, thru Ed Smart, they should be sending me a tracking number early next week. Until I get that number I will not be sure I really found a new one. Mailman warned me the shipping will be almost as much as the parts, boy he was right.
Film at 11...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Good you can get it back to looking proper.. While I was surfing around for one, I kept coming across this set. After about the tenth time and reading a comment form england that that person posted a set like it for free and ended up throwing it out as trash. I figured I would grab this one up least it meet the same fate. But it's Brabus like and I figure my next exhaust change I could have the option of the center exhaust. I mainly wanted the front lip from this set. We will see when it gets here.
Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Asphalt Road surface

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Good you can get it back to looking proper.. While I was surfing around for one, I kept coming across this set. After about the tenth time and reading a comment form england that that person posted a set like it for free and ended up throwing it out as trash. I figured I would grab this one up least it meet the same fate. But it's Brabus like and I figure my next exhaust change I could have the option of the center exhaust. I mainly wanted the front lip from this set. We will see when it gets here.
View attachment 70372
That’s the same set I have on my car. I like them very much, but they aren’t “plug and play.” The fiberglass needs some serious TLC (sanding, priming, paint, etc) before it’s ready to go on the car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My view of the picture has a black band across the top and bottom, so I am not sure if I am missing any context around the parts. With that said, I can't tell where/how these panels fit...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts