Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, does anybody have ANY information regarding the Brabus Smart Car (451) Monoblock Wheels?

I am looking for specs such as the offset, size and width of wheels (17's preferably), etc. :D

Please let me know if you have any information or links. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
From the Ultimate 112 description: The glossy black BRABUS Monoblock VI double-spoke wheels are mounted on the front axle in size 7Jx18 with size 205/35 R 18 high-performance tires. In the rear 8.5Jx18 wheels with size 235/30 R 18 tires provide plenty of grip to transfer the power of the engine to the road.

Nothing about offset but that car has wider fenders so I'm guessing these would be a problem on a stock 451. :)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Beware of monoblocks

Don't want to put a mocker on things, but the brabus monoblocks over here in Britain have a terrible rep.
They look stunning, but they are very soft and a lot of us have had bad warping problems or the rims buckle if you go over a bad pothole, now the roads in Britain are not in a good condition and maybe the roads in US are better, but unless your roads are marble smooth, BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope this is of use if you are undecided about whether to go for some or not,
Ellis

·
Registered
164 Posts
Recently, the smart service manager went to school in Bloomfield. I had him ask about Brabus coming to USA. His information was that due to the US reguirements for crash, with reguard to wheel assemblies, that Brabus does not meet those standards and therefore we would not have that model option.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The BRABUS wheels are 16" in the Front, with 50 aspect tires. Rear wheels are 17" with 35 aspect tires. ET are respectively 30 & 33.

BRABUS wheels are manufactured by RONAL, an OEM supplier to such companies as Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Lotus, etc. as well as aftermarket companies such as Brabus, AC Schnitzer, Alpina, Hartge, Carlsson.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts